225 Grain 45 Caliber FTX

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Scott mailed this bullet, and requested it be shot through the carpet, plywood, and water jugs. Range was 25 yard. Powder charge was 80g.

225ftx2.jpg

The photo shows the set after the shot. The first two jugs are placed incorrectly; they should be switched. Out in the field, i couldn't tell which jug was which, and guessed wrong. Anyway, the first jug was severely damaged. The second jug showed damage, but not so much. The bullet stopped in the third jug. The fourth, and fifth jugs were used for the next test, because they were undamaged. The bullet now weighs 172.2 grain.

IMG_0877.JPG

On sale atm at MidwayUSA for around $28/100. One of the guys with a Pacnor45 shoots a ton of these sabotless for fun. Im hoping they do ok in my Super DISC with BH209 sabotless.

Leaving for the range in a couple minutes to find out. I hope i got them sized tight enough. I have a few knurled up to around .451 if not. I don't really like experimenting at a public range but oh well. If they show promise i will head down to the property at a later date.

Thank you Ron.

Latest posts

Back