350.4g Bore Driver ELD-X

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G_0472.jpg

Bullet provided by Reginald Crumpepper with hopes it could be caught, and examined.

G_0461.jpg

From rifle to bottles is 25 yard. Powder charge is 80 grain Blackhorn. Primer is 209a.

G_0460.jpg

In front of bottles is 1/4" plywood faced with a carpet sample; behind the bottles is a stack of magazines.

VIDEO

G_0464.jpg

The bullet destroyed the first two bottles; went through the third bottle, and was captured by the fourth bottle.

G_0465.jpg

G_0469.jpg

The bullet was caught by the fourth bottle; the pieces of copper were found in the third bottle.

G_0468.jpg

Ron thanks for going through all that trouble to test a bullet. Was that charge 80 gr volume or weight (I assume volume to be similar to your other tests). I know you've tested a lot of bullets like this in the past. Have you ever had any reach or penetrate the magazines? I'm curious.

This is a video done by muzzle-loaders.com shooting the 340 Bore driver ELD X into ballistic gel. They seemed very impressed with results. Weight retention was 224gns. Bullet mushroom looked good. Just curious why I haven't seen this test on this forum.

Was curious to see how the bullet would shoot in my favorite hunting rifle. The Omega Dream Season with a 28-twist barrel with the QLA intact. Scope is 1X. Load was 100 grain Blackhorn, and STS primer,

Made three shots at target out 75 yard

View attachment 37031
I have 5 packs. I might have to try them in the Knight ultralite . Looks pretty good to me .

Latest posts

Back