Cva optima v2 ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck1234

Reaction score
I switched from a knight to this gun. It won’t shoot maxi balls that is all i ever shot is the typical? It will shoot sabots pretty good I just don’t like them

I have one and shoot Hornady 300 grain XTPs with green crushed ribbed sabots and 100 grains of BH209 and it is a tack driver. You can get 50 of the Hornady XTP bullets for $18 or less and the sabots are $9 for 50. That comes out to 0.54 cents per bullet. Much cheaper that the 15 packs.

On my TC I have to use enough corn meal to get the conical clear of the QLA before the pressure disturbs it.
If that don't work then the FPB 350 grain probably will as a last resort the expensive Thor might getting them properly fitted can be a problem.

Lee 9 said:
On my TC I have to use enough corn meal to get the conical clear of the QLA before the pressure disturbs it.
If that don't work then the FPB 350 grain probably will as a last resort the expensive Thor might getting them properly fitted can be a problem.
Thor recently came out with a one size fits all that has slits up the side at the base. This allows the cupped base to flex more in a tighter barrel. I recently purchased some but haven't had a chance to try them out. The FPB on the other hand either fits or it doesn't.

Latest posts

Back