22LR suppressors

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snapbang

Imlay City Michigan
Supporting member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on this subject???? Was thinking about one for my CZ for squirrel hunting. I have a Conceal Carry already if that helps. Any suggestions on make or model????

Quite a few states allow cans while hunting

Remember there is just about zero market for used cans due to the transfer process - so buy once cry once (and wait once)

For rimfire it comes down to materials and construction style.

Materials - aluminum vs titanium vs steel

Construction - baffles/cups vs monocore

Monocore is easier to clean and can get dirtier and keep going

Baffles/cups can be a dB or two quieter but are a bit trickier for taking apart/cleaning

Cant use an ultrasonic and chem bath on alumminum

More coming but cowerkers need me

Fires out and electrons properly motivated to move in the right directions...

The five cans I was/am considering ranged included -

two Bowers offerings (the Bitty and their next one up, the Icon I think it was). Buddy of mine knows the owners and they do indeed make good stuff. One of their neat tricks besides building a good can is that they have replaceable thread inserts on the end caps, so you can mount the same can directly to 1/2x28 or 5/8x24 or ....

The other three that were/are in contention are the the Warlock II (aluminum baffle/cups, $200ish) or Sparrow (monocore, $350ish) from SilerncerCo or the Dead Air Mask (titanium baffle/cups, $500ish). All prices plus stamp and whatever dealer transfer fees, etc.

Most of these can also be used on smaller 22 caliber centerfires like 22 Hornet and 5.7x28 but not on 223....

OK.... Buy once cry once. And with NFA stuff, try to avoid a "one trick pony"

There is no rule that you have to use a 22lr-only(ish) can on a 22. You can use a 223 rated can, a full auto 223 rated can, a 30 caliber can, etc. I'm thinking about saying "screw it" and holding out until I can get a Bowers Vers375 as an only can - use it on anything up to .375 diameter. Full auto 338 Lapua? It is rated... would work for my 9mm SBR, 30 caliber stuff, 223 stuff, and 22lr.... I've used the 30 caliber version (Vers30), and while I wouldn't put it on a hand gun it is no problem hanging off the end of ARs with barrels from 8 to 22 inches or bolt guns with 20" barrels.

Back