252g Powerbelt Hollowpoint

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wolfer said:
Ron, For a baseline how about a test on those cheap economy lead bullet/sabot packs that TC sells, I think they are called "Cheap Shots" and come in 30 packs.......
That is an idea. Seems like the 250g XTP is kinda what could be considered a 'baseline'? No?

ronlaughlin said:
wolfer said:
Ron, For a baseline how about a test on those cheap economy lead bullet/sabot packs that TC sells, I think they are called "Cheap Shots" and come in 30 packs.......
That is an idea. Seems like the 250g XTP is kinda what could be considered a 'baseline'? No?

Is it the same bullet used in .44 mag handgun ammo? The one I use is 240gr.

Muley Hunter said:
ronlaughlin said:
wolfer said:

The 250g tested is a 45 caliber; probably designed for the 45 long colt, however, me, i am not very familiar with these bullets.

ronlaughlin said:
Muley Hunter said:
ronlaughlin said:

The 250g tested is a 45 caliber; probably designed for the 45 long colt, however, me, i am not very familiar with these bullets.
Previous testing has shown the 250g 45 caliber bullet to be not too bad. It fully penetrated 3 jugs in the test i did, and in the test the other fella did, it was mighty fine. Performance by the 250g XTP beat the 230 Gold Dot, and the 252g Powerbelt, without a doubt.

Also never been a fan of powerbelts (poor wt retention and the fact my gun never shot good groups) and have been joking for years that I used them for sinkers...
Friend in Colorado still uses them because of hunting laws that prevent use of sabots.
Never really used them for sinkers... 240+ grains would never work with size 18 fly..

Latest posts

Back