Accurate 52-510M

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at Accurate's molds and they have a 540 grain muzzleloader option. Is there a reason you sent 510 over the 540 made for muzzleloaders?
As long as they have a flat base and of proper caliber almost any of them will shoot out of a muzzleloader. If the accurate mold is made for a muzzleloader it probably is a a tapered design, that way they don’t have to be sized. They can shoot just fine but I tend to get better accuracy out of a non tapered bullet, sized to my bore. That said I size them to about .001 to .0015 larger than my bore. Makes for easy loading and large enough to hold rifling when firing and won’t back off charge while taking it for long walks, aka hunting. I like the 52-510m because it shoots very well in my rifles. I also have a 52-545m that shoot pretty darn good too.

I agree with kingwalter. I’m pretty sure the “M” in the 52-510M stands for muzzleloader? Anyhow, I have a very similar design for a 50 cal muzzleloader and it shoots lights out so that was my thought process. That extra 30 grains, well that’s just overkill 😂

Latest posts

Back