Anybody Got Varmits?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tar-12

Reaction score
Do any of our members live in a area that is blessed with a over abundance of targets?Rock chucks,prairie dogs,marmots,groundhogs,ect.

We have a good amount of ground hogs.. I set a goal of 100 every year...
I hope to do that this year.. Got the .204 tuned up and ready to go.. :)

Doohan said:
We have a good amount of ground hogs.. I set a goal of 100 every year...
I hope to do that this year.. Got the .204 tuned up and ready to go.. :)
you have a lot of rolling ground where you are at dont you?Perfect groundhog sniping terrain!We have them here but not in great nos :cry:

Here in Massachusetts, they are scarce. As a teenager, all of us hunted woodchucks in the many dairy pastures that dotted the land of southern Worcester county. Of course, they got developed when the farms were sold.

We do see chucks now and then, mostly as road kill, but not like it was in the heyday.

I do miss hunting pasture poodles.

Don't laugh but I have hunted the West on my summer vacations for varmints like prairie dogs, marmots and gophers. Tons of them and fun to shoot with a Contender pistol.

So. The varmint hunting in this part of the country is pretty sad.

Gophers (richarson's ground squirrels) and coyotes!! We have so many gophers, that our pro football team's mascot is a gopher!! Absolutely love hunting them, especially with my bow!

Believe it or not, someone about 100 years ago let go some prairie dogs on Nantucket Island. The town spent money, which is hard for frugal Yankees to do, and eliminated them.

I sometimes wished we had more varmints to plug away at .

Latest posts

Back