BH 209 at Walmart

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snapbang

Imlay City Michigan
Supporting member
Reaction score
Since Covid I haven't been inside a Walmart. Today I was an hour early so thought I would go in and check the MZ supplies. Thanks to members here that said they found 209 powder, federal 209 primers, and I found some #11 caps. They had 3 bottles of BH 209 powder so I bought one. I only use it for hunting so that should be 35 shots. A lot of venison. Thanks for keeping me posted to those who kept us informed. Appreciate it or I would not have gone in. Wallmart Lapeer MI.

Wow, My wife puts in an order, I pull up to a stall, and a curtious person hands me my goceries for the weeek. I never even go in unless I forget or looking for something. Saves me time . They have most of what I need except a few specialty items. I had no idea wally was so unpopular.

Wow, My wife puts in an order, I pull up to a stall, and a curtious person hands me my goceries for the weeek. I never even go in unless I forget or looking for something. Saves me time . They have most of what I need except a few specialty items. I had no idea wally was so unpopular.
I shop the same way, but at the Kroger, instead.
walmart caused 2 small markets and a hardware store to close down here. Upside was our library moved into a much bigger building that used to house a store. Plenty of my neighbors work at walmart now but work odd hours and don't make great wages. Lot of customers there are ‘unpleasant’ to them often. Cant tell you how many times ive been treated poorly by fellow shoppers inside and out in the parking lot. I know i have always attracted that kind of behavior (just my natural charm) but seems more common there. Most of the employees(what few you can find) always seem to be hard at work but not often willing to help. I blame management and corporate for that stuff.

i can tell a big difference between wally worlds in and around richmond va and the ones up here in the mountains of tazewell . much cleaner store here , much nicer fellow customers and nicer staff . it is what it is . i particularly luv checking out their clearance sections , i find good to great deals in them a few times a month . everything isn't for everybody .....

Walmart grew because people aren't willing to spend a few extra bucks to keep the local stores in business. If it weren't walmart it would be another store like them.
Six years ago I decided I needed to get a "real" job that provided health insurance. Not too many places will hire someone in there sixties. After being turned away elsewhere i reluctantly applied at a Walmart Distribution Center in a nearby town. They weren't afraid to hire someone my age. It has been a great job with excellent pay and benefits. There were some adjustments working for a huge corporation after being self employed for over 35 years but overall it has worked out well.
Just my experience.

My local WM doesn’t carry any supplies. They haven’t for years.

walmart caused 2 small markets and a hardware store to close down here. Upside was our library moved into a much bigger building that used to house a store. Plenty of my neighbors work at walmart now but work odd hours and don't make great wages. Lot of customers there are ‘unpleasant’ to them often. Cant tell you how many times ive been treated poorly by fellow shoppers inside and out in the parking lot. I know i have always attracted that kind of behavior (just my natural charm) but seems more common there. Most of the employees(what few you can find) always seem to be hard at work but not often willing to help. I blame management and corporate for that stuff.
Meijer opened a store in South Haven, Michigan several years ago and put the local grocery store out of business. I never hear anyone say Meijer sucks. And the Wal-Mart in South Haven at least sells muzzleloader supplies and guns, unlike Meijer.

Meijer opened a store in South Haven, Michigan several years ago and put the local grocery store out of business. I never hear anyone say Meijer sucks. And the Wal-Mart in South Haven at least sells muzzleloader supplies and guns, unlike Meijer.
I have been in a meijer once in the last 10-12 years. When walmart opened across the street street from meijer in Howell everyone expected the meijer to close. They didnt but they took a big hit in business. I dont know anyone who works or shops there but im sure youre right and they are just like walmart.

I’m so sorry that you & some of your neighbors are being mistreated & disrespected there. What the heck is goin on with all that? Why all the nastinesses?

Latest posts

Back