BH 209 at Walmart

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is too bad, I try to be nice to the folks bringing groceries out to me. I notice a lot of customers sit in their car and let the employees load them in the trunk or in the hatch. I wasn't brought up that way. If there's work to do get your rear end in there some where and help. So they hand the groceries to me while I load them. I truly bid them a good day and thank them for their service. The employees likewise have been nothing but kind and helpful to me. I try to encourage them and tell them they do a great job.

When I did go in the store the other day the cashier was real quick to help an older couple through. When they had an empty line they didn't take a break but announced there was a line open. No complaints here.

Now I will complain. A few months ago I took in a STEIL chain saw for repair. It is a store I used to go to years ago when the father was starting the store. The father was kind, courteous, helpful, and great to do business with. Now his kid or grand kid was working there and he treated me like I should kiss his feet to do business with him. Instead I went to a local TSC store and did business there. Treated much better. Big stores can have drawbacks but family stores can have drawbacks too.

Last edited:
i can tell a big difference between wally worlds in and around richmond va and the ones up here in the mountains of tazewell . much cleaner store here , much nicer fellow customers and nicer staff . it is what it is . i particularly luv checking out their clearance sections , i find good to great deals in them a few times a month . everything isn't for everybody .....
One of my best friends is a district manager for walmart. He said every item on clearance after all costs involved they still make 15% profit.

I’m so sorry that you & some of your neighbors are being mistreated & disrespected there. What the heck is goin on with all that? Why all the nastinesses?
Just seems to be part of the ever changing nature of people who live too close together and have no power (will power) to change their own bad situation so they take it out on those round them. Just try not to let it bother me if i can(also self-medicate😵‍💫🍻🥃)

Just seems to be part of the ever changing nature of people who live too close together and have no power (will power) to change their own bad situation so they take it out on those round them. Just try not to let it bother me if i can(also self-medicate😵‍💫🍻🥃)
Your post really resonates with me, it hits close to home, life's lessons & provoking some self-reflection. I try to live & let live as best as I can & ya know I love a good micro brew or German Lager with a lil MMJ. Just nowadays it seems like everybody is at war with everybody that isn't exactly like them. Screaming about " tolerance " while displaying - zero tolerance. The general nasty disposition & ABSOLUTE division between everyday ppl is really hard to see happening.

Your post really resonates with me, it hits close to home, life's lessons & provoking some self-reflection. I try to live & let live as best as I can & ya know I love a good micro brew or German Lager with a lil MMJ. Just nowadays it seems like everybody is at war with everybody that isn't exactly like them. Screaming about " tolerance " while displaying - zero tolerance. The general nasty disposition & ABSOLUTE division between everyday ppl is really hard to see happening.
We probly oughta get this thread back on topic. Cant hardly remember what that was now… 🥴

I went to the Tractor Supply store over in Atoka, Oklahoma a while ago, looking for an item that they didn't have.
There's a Walmart right next door and I figured I'd at least check out the muzzleloader section.
When I walked around the corner. OMG, the racks were full.
I couldn't help myself, I just had to have stuff!
I bought 500 CCI # 11 caps, 200 Federal 209MZ primers and even though my hands were trembling, I took 2 bottles of Blackhorn.

and even though my hands were trembling, I took 2 bottles of Blackhorn.
🤣I know the feeling, happened to check the BH 209 inventory AGAIN of a nearby Walmart & they had it still for the $36.86 🙏. Kept thinking someone was going to grab it from me on the way out!

Here in New York Walmart stocks muzzleloader supplies bullets, sabots etc. ammo rifle and shotgun but absolutely no powder of any kind. For powder and reloading supplies either a firearms store or Bass Pro or a local FFL. Their has been no BH-209 around since before Covid. Very hard to procure. Just the nature of the beast. But somehow we usually end up with what we need.

I went to the Tractor Supply store over in Atoka, Oklahoma a while ago, looking for an item that they didn't have.
There's a Walmart right next door and I figured I'd at least check out the muzzleloader section.
When I walked around the corner. OMG, the racks were full.
I bought 500 CCI # 11 caps, 200 Federal 209MZ primers and even though my hands were trembling, I took 2 bottles of Blackhorn.
Deermanok I did the same thing last Saturday at Walmart. Why does Walmart have more muzzleloader items in stock than all the other stores across America? The two I went to had no muzzleloader rifles and couldn't get them according to the fellow behind the counter. Something is out of balance.

Deermanok I did the same thing last Saturday at Walmart. Why does Walmart have more muzzleloader items in stock than all the other stores across America? The two I went to had no muzzleloader rifles and couldn't get them according to the fellow behind the counter. Something is out of balance.
They had a full rack of muzzleloaders too. Even though their rack only holds 6 or 8 guns but they had em.
The one thing I notice is that once everything is gone, they never seem to reorder.

They had a full rack of muzzleloaders too. Even though their rack only holds 6 or 8 guns but they had em.
The one thing I notice is that once everything is gone, they never seem to reorder.
Correct me if I'm wrong but there were no Walmart stores in Tulsa or Oklahoma City 50 years ago. Sporting goods stores and Hardware stores carried shooting supplies and guns. Stillwater did not have anything available when I was there!

Correct me if I'm wrong but there were no Walmart stores in Tulsa or Oklahoma City 50 years ago. Sporting goods stores and Hardware stores carried shooting supplies and guns. Stillwater did not have anything available when I was there!
I'm sure you're right. Where I grew up in Connecticut, there wasn't a Walmart back then either.
There was a pretty big sporting goods store called Fall Mountain Sports. They had everything. I loved that place. It was kinda like a mini Cabela's at the time. A sad day when they closed. As I recall, the owner passed away and his kids didn't want the store.

I am not a fan of Walmart simply because I dread crowds mostly as a result of the hurry up and wait experienced 50 years ago as a draftee. Standing in a checkout line brings flashbacks colored OD green.

That said, I live 30 miles out of town and only go there when I have to. I can often find something I need online at Walmart and have it dropped off here for less than I could go to town and buy it, if I could even find it in town. Today they are supposed to be dropping off a new weight bench. Every 70 year old needs a new weight bench.

I gave my spare bench to a friend a couple years ago. I saw him yesterday, and he is still falling apart and saying he needs to do something about the condition he is in. I almost asked him for the bench back, but I think he is using it for a clothes rack.

Latest posts

Back