• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO Boar Hunting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either one, you're choice and your pocketbook. I'd be partial to Sako, I have an older AV Hunter in .270 that is a great shooter, have taken a lot of game with it. But have heard good things that folks like Tikka also. Waidmannsheil and good luck to you, and go shoot a Wild Boar!!

I'm a big fan of both, if I could afford the sako that's what I would buy,, you will be well served with either one I remember Tika was once owned by sako,, the older sako models just had a little bit better finish especially the Bluing. A couple of the most forgiving barrels I've ever had were on older sakos,, and I find myself still constantly looking today at older used Tikka models it's too bad that Remington and some of the other American Rifle builders have not held the same standards as the companies you're looking at have
Can't go wrong either way. But I vote Tikka. Mine has a real pretty piece of wood on it.

i have owned 3 Tikka T3's, 2 SS and 1 blued. I would like to say they all shot well but the 270 WSM's barrel was shot out, this is why it had a low price tag on it. The other 2, 7-08 and 308, will shoot sub MOA, so will the 270 WSM after I cut a Rem 700 barrel to fit it. So I vote Tikka, there are also a bunch of aftermarket parts available.

Tikka is made by Sako. For the extra money of the Sako, I don't think it shoots any better.

Still get a different guide.

I have 4 or 5 Tikka’s. I also have set up another 6 or 8 for friends. They are all moa or better shooters..grab the tikka and put the $400 on a better scope. At least the price of the gun or more. Use one piece tally rings that set as low as the scopes profile will take for clearance..get yourself a bradley cheek piece for proper scope eye alignment. Now you got a gun worthy of shooting better than you can!! It will put them where the shooter aims… good luck and your on your way to the best shooting rifle you ever had..and another thing, if you do not reload, buy several different boxes of bullets to sight in with. The bullets ogives differ because of different kinds of bullets. One will out shoot the others like day and night…

Back