black powder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob g

Reaction score
before i get into this and get myself beaten about the head and shoulders with a wet noodle
i would like to preface my intentions

1. i am not trying to do anything but clarify some misconceptions about the legality of making black powder at home for your own use. this does not include powder made for trade, sale, or gift.

2. i am not trying to beat a dead horse, or cause undue stress for the moderators

3. this is for informational purposes only, and no recipe or instructions are going to come from me.

please read the following link

http://www.lautenberg.senate.gov/newsro ... id=341435&

the good senator is going to try to limit powder sales of all types, being black, smokeless or other
if we read down we see what the current law is as it pertains to manufacture of black powder at home
there currently is no law against doing so as far as the Fed's are concerned, it requires no permit or license provided it is not made for sale, trade or gifting.

this should clear up some misunderstandings about this topic and also provide some understanding as to what other issues might arise from our government that might place some heavy constraints on the making, purchasing, storage etc of not only black powder, but its substitutes, as well as smokeless powder.

fwiw
bob g

Back