Bubble Level

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Interested in trying a one on a muzzy scope. Anyone tried these? Do they help accuracy? Opinions? Can they make for better shooting? Could it be important when shooting game?

Maybe a level that clamps to a rail if using a rail. Then it also helps with scope install too. Not sure if they make one like that intended to be left on the rifle after installing the scope. Ive seen rings with the level built in too such as Contessa and Hawkins.

I was thinking of one that attaches to the tube. I use the Wheeler leveling device to mount all scopes to my guns. That way I know the scope is square to the gun. I found an old one that won't go on without taking the scope off the gun. Didn't really wanna do that.

US Optics makes a couple rail mounted levels. From what ive heard they make good stuff but it aint cheap either.

Maybe a level that clamps to a rail if using a rail. Then it also helps with scope install too. Not sure if they make one like that intended to be left on the rifle after installing the scope. Ive seen rings with the level built in too such as Contessa and Hawkins.
yes have one on my Custom Inline on the Rail, keeps me from canting the rifle

Vortex makes them for 1”, 30mm, and 34mm, I have their 1” inch version and like it :lewis:

vVmRsZz.jpg

ro9qSFG.jpg

7bQy4It.jpg

Added an MK Machining tube mounted level to an Encore/Arrowhead 45 I put together this year. Works well and it’s solid.

Attachments

• 7426403D-FDA7-46F5-AEAF-AF8A10BF872C.jpeg
    7426403D-FDA7-46F5-AEAF-AF8A10BF872C.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 24
I have one on my smokeless muzzleloader (SWFA). In my experience, it makes a difference at longer (300+) yards, but not so much at closer distances. Didn't even check the bubble when I headshot a doe at 200 yds and shot a buck at 280 yds this season. And it takes some time to set them up precisely... or maybe I'm just slow.

I have used Flatline Ops with no complaints. My next long range hunting rifle will probably have a Flatline Ops or an Accuracy 1st on it. Unless I'm shooting at longer distances, I never even look at it though.

I shoot with people that have both the USO fixed and MK Machining levels and both are great as well.

Definitely help reduce canting and improve groups on my ML, other rifles, and crossbow.
This style is glued in place. Here I stuck one on the scope ring and front riser of my crossbow. Found box of 6 on Amazon for less than ten bucks. Especially helpful for longer shots in target shooting from bench rest.
I use the scope ring style on my rifles but these seem to be more accurate because lines are closer to bubbles edge.

20210629_103251.jpg

Last edited:
I use one like the Vortex above on one of my centerfire rifles and on my crossbow, I think it reminds me to double check for canting the weapon. Other then that I only use them to set up a new scope.

Back