Can’t wait for muzzeloader season!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WPrather

Reaction score
I have been working out of town so much this year I haven’t had much time to hunt. I hunted 2 or 3 days with a bow and 4 days rifle season. I seen several deer rifle season just not one I wanted to shoot. I always save my tags for Alternative (muzzeloader) season to use a muzzeloader or pistol. Unless I see a really good one rifle season. I’m a construction worker so I’m pretty much done for the year because of cold weather. So it’s time to spend some time in the woods.

Muzzeloader season in Missouri starts Dec 22nd and runs for about 12days. The best part is that’s the week my 17yr old son is out of school for Christmas break. So Dec 21st the Friday before season me and the boy. Are going to pull the new camper I bought this year down to camp and spend 10-12 days in treestands in the woods. We both have a buck tag and 2 doe tags a piece so hopefully there is a lot of killing and cleaning going on. Lol

But I don’t really care after all the hours and time away from home this year. I just can’t wait to spend some time in the woods with the boy and some hours in the treestand. I have a couple hunting buddies I have hunted with for the last 25+ years also that will be there. Me and the boy have to get to the range and check 3 muzzeloaders and a couple pistols that’s never a bad deal either.

Re: RE: Can’t wait for muzzeloader season!

WPrather said:
I have been working out of town so much this year I haven’t had much time to hunt. I hunted 2 or 3 days with a bow and 4 days rifle season. I seen several deer rifle season just not one I wanted to shoot. I always save my tags for Alternative (muzzeloader) season to use a muzzeloader or pistol. Unless I see a really good one rifle season. I’m a construction worker so I’m pretty much done for the year because of cold weather. So it’s time to spend some time in the woods.

Muzzeloader season in Missouri starts Dec 22nd and runs for about 12days. The best part is that’s the week my 17yr old son is out of school for Christmas break. So Dec 21st the Friday before season me and the boy. Are going to pull the new camper I bought this year down to camp and spend 10-12 days in treestands in the woods. We both have a buck tag and 2 doe tags a piece so hopefully there is a lot of killing and cleaning going on. Lol

But I don’t really care after all the hours and time away from home this year. I just can’t wait to spend some time in the woods with the boy and some hours in the treestand. I have a couple hunting buddies I have hunted with for the last 25+ years also that will be there. Me and the boy have to get to the range and check 3 muzzeloaders and a couple pistols that’s never a bad deal either.
Cant wait either I'll be hunting hard

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yap looking forward to it also. Went out bow hunting this last weekend and it was horribly cold and one of my socks didn't want to work got it fixed up ready for next weekend. I had Knee surgery back in May and ran out all my Vacation so hopping we take Monday and Tuesday off I don't hunt on Sundays that's the lords day. So have been really limited this year tried to go out for Doe season and we had around 3\4 inch of rain that melted off the snow and turned the little creek next to my stand into a torrent So had to turn back on that weekend. I have old telephone poles to build a bridge but have not had a chance to do it and I tweren't going swimming. Good luck Hope u tag out.

Latest posts

Back