Comfort Trac? Rubber Boot - 1,200-Gram

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick White

Reaction score
boots.jpg

I needed new hunting boots since last year on the hog hunt I ruined my previous pair. Because my budget was not extensive I settled on these Cabela's boots. Normally I am not one to buy Cabela's branded items, but I did this time. This is my first pair of insulated rubber boots. I have been very impressed with these. I didn't get to hunt in them as much as I wanted this year because of weather (14" of snow one season, 1/2" of ice the other), but I hunted enough to be impressed. I also have used them for shoveling snow. My feet have never gotten cold yet. The rest of me has been colder than my feet.

My only real issue is that in the coldest weather I add more layers and the neck of the boot isn't large enough to fit all my layers in. I ended up leaving the top two layers out. During the warmer season (40-50ish) I didn't have enough layers for it to be a factor.

Link to the ones I have

Ive looked at these but not upclose. Are they made by LaCrosse or any other mainstream manufacturer?

I honestly couldn't tell you. They have Cabela's on them. I pitched the box long ago, maybe it was on there. :oops:

I'm pretty sure that Lacross and Cabellas sell them with 2000grams in Thinsulate. I too have the Lacross 1200 gram boots and love them. Some day when they go, I'll get another pair but maybe with more insulation.

Back