Coyote problems

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look at that eye shorty you'll see how sunken it is. A day old dead deer will have an eye that still fills the socket normally. I think this one has been dead for three or four days.

After looking at the pic real close, I gotta agree mr tom. It rained yesterday and the carcass was wet. It doesn’t look vibrant red. Good eye olde boy…

We have a season on them here in ny. That is pure bs in our opinions. You hardly ever see one in the daylight hours, but hear them all the time. Calling does not work, their to smart once they catch on. The only thing that works good is hunting them with dogs during the day. But the dog owners will not hunt near any highways as the dogs get hit by cars too.

We have a season on them here in ny. That is pure bs in our opinions. You hardly ever see one in the daylight hours, but hear them all the time. Calling does not work, their to smart once they catch on. The only thing that works good is hunting them with dogs during the day. But the dog owners will not hunt near any highways as the dogs get hit by cars too.
Same here I bought a 500 dollar call from Lucky duck ain't **** coming to that thang worst waste of money I've ever spent. Johnny fox is way better with the yotes fighting a grey fox. But back to the supject I'm more interested in what I can learn from this thread than a damn scavenger

With regards to calling coyotes, first off, one much prefers uneducated, often young coyotes. That can be tough, location, then early in the year. Of course, when food is scarce it’s better for calling, mid to late Winter.
If not versed to call at night, the very 1st bit of light is next. I have called them in at noon, very private location, heavy cover.

The learning curve for the coyote is very steep, normally the others wise up quickly. Lots of ‘hunting’ goes into calling, mind the breeze, quietly in position, good cover.
One is lucky to take a few, plenty left to reproduce.

Back