Deer carcass cam pics

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two years ago, I dumped a couple hog carcasses in the woods behind the house. I swear that it only took an hour before the vultures found them. The next day I went to check and there was nothing left.

Two years ago, I dumped a couple hog carcasses in the woods behind the house. I swear that it only took an hour before the vultures found them. The next day I went to check and there was nothing left.
Yeah it don’t take long, There was a bunch of coyote. An Eagle and all kinds of critters. Don’t know why there was no sound.

These were actually harvested carcasses. West Virginia don’t allow transporting whole deer across State lines, I’m not sure if it’s all county’s. So every harvest gets deboned then scraps go up on mountain. This is private land..

This was in West Virginia. Cam was set on a deer carcass.
View attachment 41756
Cool vid’s Mike. Thanks.
Ain’t no shortage of Bobcats in Wva huh.
The first Bobcat I ever saw was when I was around 13 ( mid 70’s ) & was skeewhirrel huntin with one of my uncles & a cpl cousins just into Wva from the Pa line.
It was morning, broad daylight & he was on a tare hunting Chipmunks. I was in awe needless to say. So much so, that the thought of shooting it never entered my mind. It was sooo cool watching him chase Chipmunks thru the hardwoods.
I see one here on the rare occasions during the day, but after I pitch my deer scraps & carcass in the woods, the bobcats get to it all before the yotes do every time. It’s easy to tell which one was feeding

Cool vid’s Mike. Thanks.
Ain’t no shortage of Bobcats in Wva huh.
The first Bobcat I ever saw was when I was around 13 ( mid 70’s ) & was skeewhirrel huntin with one of my uncles & a cpl cousins just into Wva from the Pa line.
It was morning, broad daylight & he was on a tare hunting Chipmunks. I was in awe needless to say. So much so, that the thought of shooting it never entered my mind. It was sooo cool watching him chase Chipmunks thru the hardwoods.
I see one here on the rare occasions during the day, but after I pitch my deer scraps & carcass in the woods, the bobcats get to it all before the yotes do every time. It’s easy to tell which one was feeding
I’ve seen some in Pa and 1 in West Virginia. They are amazingly stealthy as hell.

Very cool. I’m down in Marlinton, Pocahontas County. I’ve heard that Fisher are making a comeback, would love to see one in the wild.

We see fishers every once in a while at the cabin in northern MN. Saw one last fall in fact, middle of the day crossing a road ahead of us. Fun to see and watch them.

When I lived in NH we had lots of fisher cats around hardly ever saw one in daylight. My neighbor was a big animal vet his son was a DNR officer and they explained a lot about these critters. When the porky population gets thick the fishers move in and start eating their way through the herd. When they’ve cleaned them out they move to another territory. I recall one walk in the woods one day finding like five or six dead porcupines upside down and stripped bare. I’d love to see some video of how they kill and eat porcupines without getting quilled.

Rick

Same thing happening in Pa, we’ve got them near camp.
Does the fisher have a pink nose? I briefly saw an animal with a pink nose and could not identify it. All I know is that it was fast. One second it was on a stump, and then it was gone. New York State, Southern tier, Steuben county. Thanks for all the good photos.

We use road kill to bait coyotes. Already took 7 animals off this carcass. The coyote in the picture is deceased. You can see two more coming into the bait in the background.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240222-100147.png
    Screenshot_20240222-100147.png
    563 KB · Views: 0
Does the fisher have a pink nose? I briefly saw an animal with a pink nose and could not identify it. All I know is that it was fast. One second it was on a stump, and then it was gone. New York State, Southern tier, Steuben county. Thanks for all the good photos.
I don’t think so, but anything’s possible I guess.

Don't know if yours are the same, but around here (lower Michigan) it's the Turkey Vultures. One of the guys we shared lease property with got his first couple does during a warm early season hunt. From the parking spot to where the deer lay was 700 yards of easy walking bean field. Needing to get the deer on ice, he walked to his truck and drove back with ice and field field dressing kit. In that short amount of time, these elegant birds had already gotten the eyes and were working on orifices other than the mouths. For some reason, they didn't seem to go for the wounds first. Not the first time I saw this ...wonder why they do this

Back