Do people collect Older knight muzzleloaders

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Bower

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to research knight values and the collectibility of the knights an am having a hard time finding much on them. I had the owner of a fairly large gun shop tell me that the older knights are pretty much worthless unless you find someone who really likes a certain model. I’m having a hard time believing this. Just looking for input from some people without bias.
Thanks

I’ve been trying to research knight values and the collectibility of the knights an am having a hard time finding much on them. I had the owner of a fairly large gun shop tell me that the older knights are pretty much worthless unless you find someone who really likes a certain model. I’m having a hard time believing this. Just looking for input from some people without bias.
Thanks
The older models maybe what we call bargain's now. You possibly may find a buyer locally that may give you $100-$150. Pawn shops i doubt will give more than $75. Its a buyer's market with thousands of the newer 209 primer breech plug style available.

I have a near mint MK85 that a local guy offered the owner $50.00 for. I wouldn't sell it for under $300.00. Great shooter and a good-looking gun to boot. Green laminate stock and a very nice blued barrel.

I think the limitations on the older knights limited to lower powder charges compared to any newer style muzzleloader. I’m the original owner of an early MK85 predator model stainless with black laminate stock. It has both ignition systems and if I was to sell I’d probably expect 300.00 on the high end. I know that thing has harvested a dump truck full of deer. Haven’t shot it in 10 years.

I think the limitations on the older knights limited to lower powder charges compared to any newer style muzzleloader. I’m the original owner of an early MK85 predator model stainless with black laminate stock. It has both ignition systems and if I was to sell I’d probably expect 300.00 on the high end. I know that thing has harvested a dump truck full of deer. Haven’t shot it in 10 years.
Ive got a NIB Predator, too. Sweet gun. And another MK85 in grey laminate that I have every intention of shooting… someday.

I love my old Knights. I have scrounged up affordable parts to put em together and I have bought whole guns. They work great and shoot accurate. I am currently putting one together to give a good friend to get him hunting this season. So people ask why the old one's and I say why not, come shoot with me and I'll show you why 😎

I did not to say step on toes with my post. I just put out info like those people buy a ML just for the extra hunt time of ML season. They don't care about them except for that reason. That is why the low end price range.

In my experience it's hard to find a used ML that is 100% corrosion free

I'm so crazy with my cleaning I find any rust to be a huge turn off.

I love the old Knight plunger models with the #11 ignition. I had 4 of them at one time. I gave $40 for the last one at a clearance sale at a pawn shop. All are good shooters and I've killed several deer with them out to 200 yards. I see no reason to own anything else.

I love the old Knight plunger models with the #11 ignition. I had 4 of them at one time. I gave $40 for the last one at a clearance sale at a pawn shop. All are good shooters and I've killed several deer with them out to 200 yards. I see no reason to own anything else.
right on...the value of any ML is in its accuracy.I enjoy my time on the range but there primary use for me is in a hunting tool.those old plungers are great.I put to shame a fella with a very expensive ML at our club turkey shoot a few years ago.I got a turkey and a good laugh when I saw him throw it in his trunk after the shoot.

Great gun but the ML market fluctuates so much that you never know what you’ll get. Seems that right now is a poor sellers market unless it’s cheap. It will make someone a great gun. Finding that person may be tough.

Greg

I was in a local gun shop the other day.I had 3 ML's I wanted to sell.The owner said he was't interested in buying them.He said they would be hard to sell.He did say he would take them on consignment.He would list them for what I wanted for then ,then add a couple of $'s to make some money.I think I will just put up a flyer at the gun club or put them in our garage sale.

I was in a local gun shop the other day.I had 3 ML's I wanted to sell.The owner said he was't interested in buying them.He said they would be hard to sell.He did say he would take them on consignment.He would list them for what I wanted for then ,then add a couple of $'s to make some money.I think I will just put up a flyer at the gun club or put them in our garage sale.
List them on here.

Latest posts

Back