TC Omega Adjustable Plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElDiablo

Supporting member
Reaction score
Just received a new much anticipated adjustable-headspace Omega breech plug (with bushing) from Woodman Arms. I believe this will make the OEM plug and all the other custom options obsolete.

Mark redesigned the body of his Woodman adjustable plug to fit the factory TC thread pattern for those of us shooting factory barrels.

Like Woodman’s original, this breech plug gives you the ability to adjust the headspace to achieve good 209 primer crush (.003”-.007”) which eliminates primer blow-by. And the replaceable stainless or tungsten carbide bushings should last for many shots before being easily replaced.

I’ve fired many hundreds of shots using Woodman’s original plug in his custom Omega barrels and they work perfectly. Can’t wait to try this one in the next day or two.

I installed this plug today in a TC Omega X7. Adjusting the headspace for .006” primer crush took me about 10 minutes. You can see from the pics below that the body of this plug is longer than the OEM plug to accommodate the bushing. The portion forward of the front sealing shoulder protrudes into the bore.

7E5B9592-7946-4ECD-B583-BC3164A2221F.jpeg
759C4484-A585-48D4-9BFC-6589B83AB74F.jpeg
E581760D-E885-45D2-8DCE-C5ED873D9254.jpeg

E8BFD04F-5C1B-4F69-A6D7-C6DD68BADD90.jpeg
9DA6BEBB-08B0-4771-868F-62E17C24506F.jpeg

Just received a new much anticipated adjustable-headspace Omega breech plug (with bushing) from Woodman Arms. I believe this will make the OEM plug and all the other custom options obsolete.

Mark redesigned the body of his Woodman adjustable plug to fit the factory TC thread pattern for those of us shooting factory barrels.

Like Woodman’s original, this breech plug gives you the ability to adjust the headspace to achieve good 209 primer crush (.003”-.007”) which eliminates primer blow-by. And the replaceable stainless or tungsten carbide bushings should last for many shots before being easily replaced.

I’ve fired many hundreds of shots using Woodman’s original plug in his custom Omega barrels and they work perfectly. Can’t wait to try this one in the next day or two.

I installed this plug today in a TC Omega X7. Adjusting the headspace for .006” primer crush took me about 10 minutes. You can see from the pics below that the body of this plug is longer than the OEM plug to accommodate the bushing. The portion forward of the front sealing shoulder protrudes into the bore.

View attachment 35532
View attachment 35533
View attachment 35534

View attachment 35535
View attachment 35536
Very nice post. 👍

Do you know what it's made of ?

Can't wait untill they are available to all

In case anyone is wondering, these are for the .50 TC Omega. The portion that extends into the bore is about .489” so it wouldn’t fit a .45.

View attachment 35558
I could make a 45 plug by reducing that to .440
I don't have a factory Omega 45 so I'm not familiar with it and if the plugs are the same.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back