TC Omega Adjustable Plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First shot from the Woodman plug.

2BC0085C-520D-4EE4-B889-38F1E7B45693.jpeg
TC Omega X7
Fed 209A primers
95 grV BH209 and 120 grV BH209
300 gr TC Shockwave/MMP sabot
80 degrees and sunny (cooling rod between shots)

95 grV BH209 ave velocity 1881 fps
120 grV BH209 ave velocity 2065 fps

All 209 primers were measured before and after firing - .005-.007” crush.

All primers extracted easily, showed no bulging and came out quite clean. All charges ignited normally and immediately. Plug removed easily with no fouling behind the forward sealing shoulder.

Life is good! More results to come.

Pics of face of plug and bore immediately forward of plug showing fouling after 6 shots.

710B8890-1F08-4222-A43E-B77201897148.jpeg
1B647C44-22E0-4995-95F7-40ED70F1D56C.jpeg

E4D024CB-9AB7-4E6F-A904-809523EF136C.jpeg

I received my Woodsman adjustable Breech Plugs Yesterday , but before installing them I need to know which way to install the bushing . I noticed a small concave in one end of the bushing at the flash hole , is it supposed to be facing the powder charge or the primer ?

I received my Woodsman adjustable Breech Plugs Yesterday , but before installing them I need to know which way to install the bushing . I noticed a small concave in one end of the bushing at the flash hole , is it supposed to be facing the powder charge or the primer ?
I run the concave side of the bushing towards the primer. I’m not sure it makes much difference but I speculate that it directs more of the spark through the bushing.

And I like to put the flatter (larger surface area side) of the set screw against the bushing. If that makes sense.

I do the same but I've also done at the opposite I really think your rifle's going to function either way but I would want to know what was the builders original design I would run that by Mark if you get a chance to email him he may notice the question here and answer to and you may have already emailed him I really like the adjustable plugs but I really recommend you get to know that plug is good as you can keep it clean it will serve you well

I run the concave side of the bushing towards the primer. I’m not sure it makes much difference but I speculate that it directs more of the spark through the bushing.
I was kinda leaning towards your answer ,but wasn't absolutely sure ,and I knew one or more of you guys would know the answer for sure ! Thank you much & for the other guys in the forum ! Like I said before you guys are the best !

On the Woodsman breech plug for the omega is the bushing that it comes with Stainless Steel ? And if you what the carbon you have to buy it . I'm assuming the carbon one is the best & probably last longer ?

Back