freezer meat

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gobbler getter

Reaction score
shot this little guy (7 pt ) wed. evening with my T/C system 1 54 cal. and on fri. i shot a 95 lb. doe. load i shoot is 80 weighed grains of T7 ffg with a 348 grain power belt

hamiltonridge7pt.jpg

That buck has a nice tall set of horns. Very nice looking. Congratulations of the buck and doe. Looks like you have a good shooting rifle and a good load.

Did you get good penetration pass through with that powerbelt? What kind of distance did your shots run?

Again, way to go.

GOB:
Super nice BUCK & DOE :yeah:

Wouldn't pass him up eather " CONGRATS " Nice tall rack looks like a good 1-2 year old buck

RON

the buck was shot @ about 80 yards double lung pass through. he ran about 60 yards NO BLOOD TRAIL . doe was about 30 yards shot her between the shoulders hit the spine bullet came unglued no exit huge hole at point of entry. i need to find another bullet to shoot in this gun that will give me blood trails. the power belts shoot so good its hard to move away from them. it is hard to find good bullets in 54 cal. i would love to have some hornady sst for it. they leave some awsome blood trails out of a 45 cal.

Congrats on the very nice buck and doe.

Wish I could offer advice on bullets for the 54, but I don't have any experience with that caliber.

You can buy the SST bullets for the 50 cal. but you will have to buy new sabots to use them in your 54 cal.

MMP has sabots for both 44 & 45 cal. bullets for your 54 cal. rifle.

Nice buck and good luck finding new bullets.

Back