Going to ask the orthopedic surgeon if I can go shoot!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonRC

Reaction score
I am going stir crazy just looking at my front stuffers. You can clean and rust protect only so much as an excuse to handle the muzzleloaders.

So, I have an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday. I will ask if I can come out of the full leg stabilizer and go to the outdoor range. Physical therapy is coming along nicely. Flexibility has increased. I still need to recover a little strength in the knee.

If he says "Yes," I am going to be out on that range with a car full of black powder necessities. (However, it will be the car with no clutch. Not ready for that, yet)
Ron

Dont ask him just come out and shoot with us if you feel that good Ron. Phil and I are going Monday to Ft Lupton. Im bringing my good friend Terry along with me. We will hold you up. Al

BigAl52 said:
Dont ask him just come out and shoot with us if you feel that good Ron. Phil and I are going Monday to Ft Lupton. Im bringing my good friend Terry along with me. We will hold you up. Al
What time are you gentlemen going, Al?
  I have physical therapy at 9 am.
Ron

Im leaving my house about 8 if the rain forest can take a break. But I plan on staying for a while as Im on vacation next week. So come when your therapy is over. Throw the guns in the truck do your bend and stretch them come to the real therapy. Al

The full-leg stabilizer permits me to get around, but very slowly. It has metal bars that go down the sides from thigh to ankle and another behind the leg so that the leg won't suddenly bend. Hauling the shooting box, rifle and other shooting paraphernalia up from the basement, out to the car and returning them at the end of the day is the real challenge.
I will have to see where my energy level is after physical therapy, tomorrow.
I won't even mention the shooting to the orthopedic surgeon. The key will be if he lets me shed that leg stabilizer and put on a less restrictive knee brace.
Ron

Cripes! Stop babying yourself. I went shooting with two broken vertebra. It took me 15 min to get my socks boots on. I didn't post about it. I just did it.

Muley said:
Cripes! Stop babying yourself. I went shooting with two broken vertebra. It took me 15 min to get my socks boots on. I didn't post about it. I just did it.

Muley thinks about posting about his socks? :say whhhhhat:

Ron, all you have to do is ask yourself if it would be worth going through the whole procedure again if you happen to re-injure it. Then act accordingly.

Kentucky Colonel said:
Muley said:

No, I didn't post about breaking my back. Do I have to explain the socks part to you too?

Patocazador hits the nail on the head. If the knee gives out and bends too far, then the tendon tears out of the holes drilled in the knee. The area, as it is, has to take all of my 145 pounds of body weight (give or take 85 pounds :) ).
I wrote the post mainly out of frustration and exasperation.
Ron

Muley said:
Kentucky Colonel said:
Muley said:

No, I didn't post about breaking my back. Do I have to explain the socks part to you too?
:Shh:  No, no. It's O.K. We're not judging. :Shh:

You have an unnatural affection for your socks and you dream of posting about them. :clown:
Whatever floats your boat, Muley.

You don't need to explain it to me... I don't think I want to know.  :face:

Kentucky Colonel said:
Muley said:
Kentucky Colonel said:
Muley said:

:Shh:  No, no. It's O.K. We're not judging. :Shh:

You have an unnatural affection for your socks and you dream of posting about them. :clown:
Whatever floats your boat, Muley.

You don't need to explain it to me... I don't think I want to know.  :face:
They are kind of soft and warm.

I always try to catch Chester bending his leg. I never did. He had that down pretty good.

They didnt, just I sure listened to a lot of whining about it :lol: :lol:

just kiddin petey.

Hows buddy doing these days? has his symptoms cleared?

Ron, I highly recommend that you just fight back the urge and take some more time to heal. Its not worth the possibility of a slip and having to go through it again.

Latest posts

Back