Going to ask the orthopedic surgeon if I can go shoot!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron
We missed you today but I understand. I did however pop the swinger offhand twice once with the Renegade and once with the Hawken at 100 yards just because we missed you.That 58 caliber makes her swing. Took 3 shots to hit it twice but I was happy. It sure was a great day to shoot. Don Galleger showed up just before we left with his lefty 40 cal flinter he made. Phil couldnt make but I had a good friend go with me. Get well soon. When are you thinking they are going to do the heart surgery? Al

Once I am completely mobile and can do stairs. The way PT is progressing, I think that I should be able to do the stairs in 2 weeks. My visit with the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow should tell more. As soon as I can estimate the time more accurately, then we can set the date.
Thanks for checking!
Ron

The full leg stabilizer is off, to be used only going down stairs!

After all this time, the focus of physical therapy is practicing the art of walking. And, I don't need that practice! The next step is to gradually start stairs, low ones at first and the progressing to real size stairs as the quad muscles strengthen. I am thrilled to be at this stage!

One good result of all this is that my appetite diminished and I have lost 20 pounds. There is muscle loss, but enough fat loss that I now fit in pants a full size smaller.

If weather permits, I'll plan to take a front stuffer up to the Clear Creek County Sportsman's Club Range near Idaho Springs on Friday.
Ron

Good job ol man! Just keep things easy and it will go by so much faster. 20lb weight loss will be perfect come hunting season. At your age, I'd have to say, What muscle! :lol:

Check the weather. Nice and hot one day, cold, rain and blowing wind the next. Driving me crazy!

:D Well, young feller, I was training with a strength coach at a gym called Next Level who used to be a partner with my son when he was a strength coach. That all stopped when the cardiologist told me that intensive weight training could build up blood pressures that could blow out my aorta, and that ain't good. So we switched to a routine increasing the work load, but decreasing the intensity.
These pushups were part of my training:
AZG91g.jpg

Even the high workload workouts stopped after the knee injury. Even at my age, I was improving week by week in both size and strength. Of course all that comes much more slowly with age and reduced testosterone levels.
I was working hard to be like my role model:
sIixTn.jpg

:lol: :lol: 
Ron

:rolling on flo 

And we all know what that picture above means....

You were asking permission to buy a new gun. She obviously said NO! :blah:

Latest posts

Back