Got a brace on a gun?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anonymouscowherd

Reaction score
If so you may want to head to your favorite discussion and read up on the effects of the letter that the AG signed yesterday regarding the new rule for braces and what is NFA and requires a stamp and what isn't.

Hint - you may want to consider this a great time to get a free stamp....

Will this affect the Optima V2 pistol brace?
muzzle loaders are exempt from NFA. However, if it is an "etiehr/or" receiver like a Contender then possibly.

That rule gives 120 days to register it, tax free. Where do you register these? State Police or the BATF?

You will end up doing it on the ATF's eForm website - there is a new category for eForm-1 for braced pistols. ATF has a pretty good new over view of the process, and using this makes things easier/cheaper (you don't have to have a factory receiver engraved with your info) than the normal F1 process.

Maybe I'll just keep mine tucked away. Register it. Right....
The FFL and two NFA owners I know have all said they'd register a few and ditch the others, they are already on whatever dreaded List exists. Folks with a CCW permit that had prints processed by the feds are probably on the list too...

I floated on the edge for years and got a braced set up two years ago, and for the past year I've been waffling on jumping into NFA land but the cost has always put me off.... but for free it is awful tempting...

One hope and fear is that a few million will register, killing the eForms site, proving common use, and creating a 5+ year backlog as well... would suck for a lot of folks but at the same time provide some nice arguments for one of those law talkin' folks when it all eventually ends up in front of some judges.

Also my brace was deemed legal by the ATF before they were offered to me so there was no circumventing the law.

If our “supreme court” was truly on our side any challenge to gun control laws would be struck down as unconstitutional. It just proves to me that ‘both sides’ would gladly see this country disarmed in the extreme, or severely de-weaponized at the least. I believe thats why no real challenge to GC will ever get before the supreme court.

everything is cause and effect .
what do y'all think caused this effect ?

so you don' think children and adults being victims of mass shooting in schools and public places has anything to do with it ?

so you don' think children and adults being victims of mass shooting in schools and public places has anything to do with it ?
I do, but i think our elected representatives and appointees are worried more about staying in power, than actual lives lost. I normally have more faith in people, but people in power disappoint me more often then normal, and make decisions based on their fears more then what works or whats right/legal. They do not seemed to think ‘we the people’ can think or care for ourselves with out their guidance, and chaos will reign without them.

Last edited:
unbiased and well said and i agree %100 .
but if something tangible could be done to reduce the frequency of those shootings it would take some of the fuel off that fire and save lives .
i don't see this having that effect though .

Latest posts

Back