Grandson joined Marines

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Va Hunter

Reaction score
Oldest grandson just graduated high school . He joined the Marines about 5 months ago and leaves for bootcamp Sunday the 9th. I will give his recruiter credit, he never once tried to sugar coat bootcamp. He works out with my grandson couple times a week. So last week I took my grandson to a friends to have a little fun. He really enjoyed himself.

Attachments

• IMG_2971.MOV
    12.7 MB
Tell him I appreciate his service. Im smart enough to know with out our soldiers and military we would not be free. I appreciate my freedom every day. I often buy for our service people when they wear a hat identifying them as such to a restaurant. Tell him thank you from me.

Good for him and I wish him a great stint.

Tell him if he ever makes it to my part of the world I owe him a hunt and fish 👍🏼

My nephew is going the same time. My brother said his first day is the 10th. Maybe they will be in the same group. Best of luck to them both. Rough time to be at Paris Island 🦟🥵🦟🥵

I wish him all the best too. Yeah boot camp is pretty tough. I did it way back in 1970. At that time we still used M14s but when I got to infantry training part they issued M16s.

Thanks to him for writing that “blank check” the comes with his commitment. Hope he can stay safe.

Oldest grandson just graduated high school . He joined the Marines about 5 months ago and leaves for bootcamp Sunday the 9th. I will give his recruiter credit, he never once tried to sugar coat bootcamp. He works out with my grandson couple times a week. So last week I took my grandson to a friends to have a little fun. He really enjoyed himself.

Ahhh Paris Island in the SUMMER! He'll love it.. especially the smell wafting in off the salt marsh at 0400hrs. Sept 14th 1987 was a Special time in my life, the worst sun burn on my face and neck that I ever suffered. DI's didn't think it was funny either. You should have seen the size of the sun screen bottle that they threw...um I mean provided to me :) Good Luck to your grandson. I will agree with the advice, keep mouth shut and ears open. Do only what you are ordered to do and do it as fast as you can! Semper Fi.

Semper Fi 1994-1998. I’ll sleep better tonight knowing a new Marine is being hatched.

God Bless him.
Tell him to save a ton of money by eating in the chow hall.
Study for Cpl and hit NCO School most Rikki Tik. Never take
Embassy Duty before performing MOS in the Fleet.

Semper Gumby - Always Flexible except to God, family and Duty...
You never know what the Lieutenant is going to tell you to do.
There can be only one. 1/8 STA (that's a Surveillance and Target Acquisition platoon for those in Rio Linda) Beirut Bastards
8541 Old School Used to teach it before it was kewl to just earn being one.

The service and especially Marines will take a young man who may be unsure of his path out of school and forge him into not only a soldier but a person with values and internal compass locked into true North. I can’t tell you how many ex-marines I’ve known over the years that with their
‘ Can Do ‘ attitude have been successful in business and not afraid to jump in and start a business. They seem to lock on a target, evaluate and adjust, then go after it. But no pain-no gain he’ll learn that of course.
Rick

Latest posts

Back