Grandson joined Marines

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly look for him to make a career out of it. Going to take him out to eat tomorrow evening to spend a little time with him. In talking to him Sunday when he leaves for bootcamp can’t come soon enough. I am going to miss him this hunting season. Here’s a small buck, his first deer that he took with my TC Omega. I think the smile says it all.

Attachments

• DDD32704-EB6C-437D-86C7-D2BCF6AE43FB.jpeg
    DDD32704-EB6C-437D-86C7-D2BCF6AE43FB.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
That’s even better. If he gets the magic twenty years he’ll have a ton of benefits for the rest of his life. Recruitment numbers are really off these days so kids like your‘s are getting hard to find and should get some sweet enticement deals which is all the better

Rick

My son retired marine gunnery Sargent last year after twenty years of service. He did three wartime tours in Iraq and spent a little time in Afghanistan. He was crew chief in a Ch-46 Phrog. After retiring military service he is a aircraft mechanic now. Congrats to your grandson Va Hunter and I wish him well.

Semper Fi, OCS Quantico, 71-73. Pay attention in training to the "heat". Make sure you take salt and as much water as you can. Put an X on your helmet with masking tape (they told us to do that) and tell the instructor you could be susceptible to heat prostration etc. The X lets the Medics keep an eye on you etc. I had three candidates in my platoon, die from heat during training. It is no joke! Good luck !

I would like to thank everyone for the advice and well wishes. Seems like just yesterday when he was 4-5 years old and I babysat him on fridays. Our routine was hit the local country store where he would get a Mountain Dew and the hottest bag of chips he could find. I saw a T-shirt recently that said “Papa, a granddaughters best friend and a grandsons partner in crime”. With him being the oldest of 6 grandkids I guess you could say he’s kinda special to me.

He leaves Monday morning at 0400 by bus. He came over this past Friday and we did a little shooting. I pat myself on the back the way he handles a firearm. He’s a lot more safer than some people I shoot with. Last year he told his Aunt that if she wasn’t going to handle her handgun safely to put it up. Made me proud he spoke up.

Back