Have had a hankerin for Jambalaya, so....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
... so here it is.

Our dinner is ready to go to the stove and simmer all day…. Jambalya. There’s two pounds of 8-12/pound shrimp in there along with a pound of Italian sausage. Green peppers, rice, celery, 4 pounds of tomatoes, beef broth, carrots Basil, oregano, thyme, onion, paprika and lots of fresh garlic.
I have a loaf of Italian Bread ready to slice and butter with fresh garlic mixed in to toast. The sausage will give this the heat. Love the stuff. I make a huge batch so we can have it a couple times, then invite the kid over for lunch before we freeze the rest to enjoy again in a week or so.

Attachments

• 434650874_2064877893887660_7120609128153874351_n.jpg
    434650874_2064877893887660_7120609128153874351_n.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 0
... so here it is.

Our dinner is ready to go to the stove and simmer all day…. Jambalya. There’s two pounds of 8-12/pound shrimp in there along with a pound of Italian sausage. Green peppers, rice, celery, 4 pounds of tomatoes, beef broth, carrots Basil, oregano, thyme, onion, paprika and lots of fresh garlic.
I have a loaf of Italian Bread ready to slice and butter with fresh garlic mixed in to toast. The sausage will give this the heat. Love the stuff. I make a huge batch so we can have it a couple times, then invite the kid over for lunch before we freeze the rest to enjoy again in a week or so.
Looks dam good MrTom. Getting me hungry already. Between you and Ninering with your recipes is hard for me to loose weight.

A sinus infection has me back on a prednisone diet for the next ten days so I won't be losing any weight either. Up half the night, pacing all day and eating non stop.

A sinus infection has me back on a prednisone diet for the next ten days so I won't be losing any weight either. Up half the night, pacing all day and eating

Kick that sinus thing quick. I feel for ya on the prednisone. That stuff treats me awfully as well. I'd rather eat a cow pie a day then take it.

Its been wet, cold and windy here for the last week and last night I had a huge bowl of it and soaked real garlic toast in it and it was from heaven. Perfect food for the weather. I mentioned to Ma that corn muffins or bread would go well with it but that would have called for a trip to the store and she wasn't having anything to do with going outside. I settled for the toast lathered with butter mixed with about ten cloves of pressed garlic whipped in, then broiled with a little mozzarella on top.

A sinus infection has me back on a prednisone diet for the next ten days so I won't be losing any weight either. Up half the night, pacing all day and eating non stop.
Don't know which is worst, the Prednisone or the sinus infection. I find that a full bar of exlax takes my mind on to other things

... so here it is.

Almost perfect...
You haven't done did invite me to eat and then clean up all by meself, suh.

Back