Hello everyone and ballistic calculations

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rio

Reaction score
I am very new here. Very new to mid range muzzy shooting. I say mid range cause the creed more guys shoot em out to 1200. I do have some experience with mid to long range center fire specifically .308. I haven't done it for some time but when I did, we had specific loads and bullets and could make ourself a range card for our specific rifle.

So how would I do that for my muzzy set up? I intend to shoot a 394 grain saboted bullet with 80 grains of Swiss 2f. I am sure this will change as I work the loads up or down. Then there is the difference between rifles, barrels,,, but if I can get a baseline I can get a start.
I have been reading for a bit, lots for me to learn here.
Thanks.

Go to JBM ballistics, find your velocity if you have a chronograph and use .285 for bc of your bullet. call .450, I think your velocity will be around 1356 with that load. Your scope will need at least 50 moa of elevation.
Run your turret all way to the bottom. Mount it in Burris zee rings with inserts. They come in sets 5, -5 , 10, -10, 20, -20.
then bore sight and take to range and sight in for 50 or 100 yds. after that use your range card

Rio:
Is that 394gr Dan T. HP bullet?
Not sure what distance you want to shoot?
I'd bet your close to my MOA. For starting, I recall mine basically as:
-3 MOA for 50
Zero at 100
+10 for 200
+11 for 300
+12 for 400
+13 for 500
You'll be around 50moa like me.
I'd suggest a 30mm tube for your scope..

Back