Best way to properly test rifle accuracy with many types of bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow,
a radial brake that I know would work well with Sabots. I do indeed have a tactical brake. What impresses me most? A real live functional funnel which I assume works with both powder and bullet.

Wow,
a radial brake that I know would work well with Sabots. I do indeed have a tactical brake. What impresses me most? A real live functional funnel which I assume works with both powder and bullet.
Yes sir, its a load through funnel that Jeff at Bestill made for my BP Xpress. I also use one for my 45cal custom he built me.
With the tactical you should be shooting bullet to bore.

Hello,
Long ago I set worlds records at 600 yards for both group size and Xcount. The finite amount of reloading precision needed then drove me to extremes of trimming .001 off of 3 of the ten cases I used to set these records. Muzzle loading seems to me to be more sane!

Ok,
The Knight rifle I have acquired will be tested to find out its best accuracy with BH 209 powder and Fury full bore bullets. While I will be testing it and adjusting the sizing die to find its best accuracy, when I find that capability that will be it for me. The weapon will be used for Elk Hunting and placement is the reason I bought the sizing die and Fury bullets. I have already been down the "rat hole" of custom made both short and long range precision target rifles, I shall be content with this, plus the added challenge of using iron sights only here in New Mexico.

Txhunter58 et. al.

I await the arrival for the metal funnel so I can actually start the testing. Already I have discovered that the nine saboted bullets will not work with this muzzlebrake I have. So, It will be done with full bore .50 caliber bullets. Thus, can be okay since the weapon will be primarily used for M?L Elk here in New Mexico. Testing will be done with a scope then it goes off and work will begin on accurate iron sights.

Back