• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Hornady 44 cal XTP 300 Grain .430

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smyrnagc

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
Wanted to trade Hornady 44 Cal .430 300 grain XTPs for Hornady 45230 XTP 45 Caliber .452 300 GR.

I have two new full boxes I would trade. Want the 45 caliber.

Attachments

• IMG_5222.jpg
    IMG_5222.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 9
I have not ever done that but have read where other guys have knurled them. Doesn't sound like they would need much.

Better to bump a jacketed bullet up, than squeeze it down. The copper jacket is a " live" metal. It tends to spring back, just a little, after compression. Lead, on the other hand, is a " dead" metal. No spring back. Swaging down jacketed bullets CAN lead to loose cores. Even a little bit can effect accuracy and mess with terminal effects( jacket/ core separations etc)

Any preference as too which weight 45 caliber bullets you need I have quite a few full boxes of 50 and100 are your boxes 50 or 100

@Smyrnagc, are your Hornady .44 Cal .430 300 grain XTP bullets still available?

If you're looking, let me see what I still have on my shelf. That used to be my bullet for my Renegade, but I sold the Renegade and only use smokeless now. I may still have 2 or 3 boxes of the .430 XTP 300 grainers.

Actually found some but would be interested in finding XTP 44 cal 240 grain .430 (44200) if you have any of those.

Latest posts

Back