I choked...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcchartboy

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

After working my but off to get a shot at a buck of this caliber, (though not very large by most standards, it is one of the better bucks in my area), I completely missed him at 15yds yesterday afternoon with my bow!!!

JC

Carrying 80lbs of gear on Friday to get setup on a rub line a 1/2 mile back in the woods...

Octoberweek1376.jpg

Trail cam of the buck 12 hours later....(I missed him 12 hours after that)

Oct3-4148.jpg

Oct3-4153.jpg

Been there....DONE THAT!

I bet you shot over his back!

I got busted in my stand by a good buck down here in FL - an opportunity on private land, an easy walk in...deer standing behind me, looking up at me while I wait for him to walk down the trail 15 yards on my left.... Then 15 minutes later I get busted by a doe while trying to draw on her at 10 yards. :oops:

That's why bow hunting is a challenge.

Sounds like you did everything right. Change stand locations a little bit and get him! :wink:

I know how you feel brother. Just returned from my Colorado Elk hunt with Tag Soup. Missed a Cow broadside at 15. Darn Aspen jumped right in the line of my shot. :(

Great story and pics!

Thanks for sharing... You will get him next time.

I have choked before....

and it's not that hard to do...given the excitement of the moment, the adrenalin, the tight muscles, the nerves, the shakes, the gear, the bulk of the clothing, fear of missing, seeing his breath and hearing his breathing at that range, worrying about the wind, your shooting position, being busted while drawing, your stand creaking, being winded, arrow noise on the rest, is my arrow ON the rest?,is the yardage right for my pin or pin setting?, do I aim low?, will I shoot over him at this angle?, will he jump the string?, remember to aim low, pick a spot.....the list goes on and on and on and on..

So don't be too rough on yourself...anyone who is, doesn't understand the complexities of this sport.

Congrats on being close... :D

heck we all miss sometimes....but why in gods name were you carrying all the stuff??? :lol: :shock:

Is that one of those stands that climb a pole, similar to a pump jack type scaffolding? If so, I want a full review.... those look neat, swell, peachy keen etc.

Spitpatch said:
Is that one of those stands that climb a pole, similar to a pump jack type scaffolding? If so, I want a full review.... those look neat, swell, peachy keen etc.

I have seen them used, but never climbed in one. look pretty stable

Why I've never choked :? :? :shock:
Sorry about your miss.
Shake it off and good luck.

Latest posts

Back