I Hate Waiting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperKirby

Reaction score
I ordered a barrel from Mr. Woodman. It turns out I'm not as patient as I should be. I know he's busy and he had to order a barrel from Brux anyway so there's the additional wait for that. Anyone know how long it takes to get a barrel from Brux? I hope it's not too long. I sent all my parts and pieces in to be nitrided as well. Might as well have everything match perfect, right? Then of course I sent my stock off to be hydrodipped, because why not, right? I saw on another post Woodman Arms is about 20 weeks out on Patriots... I hope it's not 20 weeks for mine. That would be pushing right up against hunting season.

...Maybe I'll find out how many licks it actually takes to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop.

I ordered a barrel from Mr. Woodman. It turns out I'm not as patient as I should be. I know he's busy and he had to order a barrel from Brux anyway so there's the additional wait for that. Anyone know how long it takes to get a barrel from Brux? I hope it's not too long. I sent all my parts and pieces in to be nitrided as well. Might as well have everything match perfect, right? Then of course I sent my stock off to be hydrodipped, because why not, right? I saw on another post Woodman Arms is about 20 weeks out on Patriots... I hope it's not 20 weeks for mine. That would be pushing right up against hunting season.

...Maybe I'll find out how many licks it actually takes to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop.
Ive heard that Brux is way behind. Its gotta be tuff being that popular.

Just try not to think about it anymore until it's here and if you are successful at that then let me know because I can't, I love a new muzzleloader, or building a new muzzleloader ,or being a part of a new Muzzleloader build, once I get the process started it eats me up until it's done I can relate!!!

I think (hope) you’re looking at significantly shorter lead time than mine. But it took 14 months to get mine….

Totally worth the wait though!

Boy if it's 14 months I'm not sure I'll be hunting this year. When I initially ordered he said he thought he had a spare barrel in his shop still and would get to work. After he said he didn't and had ordered one from Brux. I know it will be worth it in the long run. I might be a little upset if it really is that long of a wait but I guess what do you do? I guess I'll wait a month or two and check in or something. Like I said, mostly I just hate waiting. I'm no good at it.

Patriots have been running around 20 weeks over the last two years. The volume of orders keeps overcoming our production as I buy new machines to try keeping up. 2 months ago we had over 800 back orders. In 2 months from now, most of that will be cleared up. I've since added Omega barrels, Paramount barrels and now some Encore barrels into the mix. These are all estimated to be done this summer. I received a pile of Brux 40's but am waiting on the 45s. Everything is done in batches, not one at a time so some things can get held up waiting. I hate spending 4 hours setting up a cnc to do 10 minutes of work. I'd rather run days or months worth to be efficient.

I have no knowledge of machining, nor do I have any knowledge of running a business. Sounds tough though. I hope my original post didn't come across as complaining.
no worries, I didn't take it as complaining. I did find out that Brux is about done with our 45 barrels so we will be processing all those barrels in short time.

Yup the waiting curve takes some time. I have been waiting 17 weeks on my barrel. I was hop[ng it would be finished by the 10th of this month. My barrel maker is very busy. I doubt if i was to order another barrel now. It would be done before next year

my first smokeless build was somehow turned around to me in less than 6 weeks, that was form the date the builder got my action to the time it was back on my door step (november/december 22). But now with the same builder and similar build I am now starting on week 18 of waiting and now ETS.

my first smokeless build was somehow turned around to me in less than 6 weeks, that was form the date the builder got my action to the time it was back on my door step (november/december 22). But now with the same builder and similar build I am now starting on week 18 of waiting and now ETS.
I can join in with you on the waiting. Its been right at 18 weeks on my barrel making. My update was the barrel has a rough bore bored to center.

Back