It Always Happens That Way

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patocazador

Reaction score
You know what I'm talking about.
Late for work so you get caught by a train.
You already have 3 daughters so the new one turns out to be .. another girl.

Too many to list.

This morning I didn't see or hear a turkey but 3 black hogs crossed about 40 yards from me. Of course there's no hog hunting on state management areas during turkey season. They were 20 yards behind my decoys.

turkey10.jpg

But I did see a big bird later: A sandhill crane, no season on those either.

sandhi10.jpg

Of course it does. I see the best bull elk when i'm hunting for bears.

I wonder how the sandhill crane would state? Pretty neat looking bird. We have something like that down here and I see them standing in the Purgitory river now and then.

It is illegal, but I know a fella in Florida who claims to have eaten a Sand Hill Crane. 
He said it was road kill he witnessed and did not want to waste the meat.

Jon, we get the greater sandhill crane as a migratory winter visitor but we have a subspecies that's 100% protected called the Florida sandhill crane. They live here year-round.

The ones you see out west are lesser sandhill cranes and most western states have a hunting season on them. They have been called "prime rib on the wing" by people who have eaten them.

I used to hunt them the Texas panhandle. Sandhill cranes that is.  Hard to bring down and tough to eat.

Old Smoke said:
I used to hunt them the Texas panhandle. Sandhill cranes that is.  Hard to bring down and tough to eat.
Not for a Coonazz! Day can fix wore out combat boots and make 'em taste good!! :cheers: :lol!: :cheers:

Back