laser range finders

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcpmv

Reaction score
wonder how many use a laser range finder and weather they are worth the investment :?:

Mine was. I don't use bino's but I won't go hunting without my range finder and my rifle.

I recieved a pair of Leuold bino's with lrf built in and they are really nice the digital readout is in red,which I like compared to the black ones.I had asked previously about them on this forum and only got a couple of response's,but after looking thru them and ranging a few things,they seem to work really nice,optics are not quite as nice as the Leica's or Swarovski but they are still crisp and clear.I think having a rangefinder really improves your shooting confidence and your abilty to make clean kills,whether it be archery or gun hunting and I think having one of the combo unit's means 1 less piece of equiptment you have hanging around your neck,anyway I will try to let you know more about the Leupold's when I get to use them more-the older you get the more you try to make things easier-just my 2 cents.
cliff

I always take a pair with me in my backpack when deer hunting anymore. I would consider them essential if you are wanting to make a long range shot on anything with a muzzleloader or a rifle. There's no substitute for knowing the EXACT distance to your target if attempting a long shot. If your shots are mostly close range shots, then I wouldn't put a rangefinder very high on the list of "must haves". But yes, I think they are worth the investment!

Worth it? Abso-freakin'-lutely! Don't leave to hunt without 'em! Mine have helped in some capacity in my last four kills...

flatland hunter said:
Worth it? Abso-freakin'-lutely! Don't leave to hunt without 'em! Mine have helped in some capacity in my last four kills...

What Robbie said! :lol:

For ME...I absolutely could NOT do without it!

laser range finder

:D thanks everyone for all your input, I ordered a bushnell yardage pro trophy laser range finder, will keep you posted on how I like it when I get it,happy ney year
Todd

Back