Loading spin jag

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoorsmen

Reaction score
I've had a T/C loading jag about 4" long with the head that spins...well I just broke it, soft brass snapped at the threads. Looks like t/c no longer offers this jag with the spin head. Does anybody else make one? I like the idea that when loading the jag will spin with the bullet.

I have the custom rods and a Spin Jag on my Knight DISC and CVA Optima. They work great! Highly recommended!

I'm also a fan. I have one of their ramrods with the spinjag on my Accura as well as one on my range rod. Can't beat them!

I have a dumb question for y 'all. Do you use a loading jag only at the range or in hunting scenarios too? Normally i don't use a jag when hunting because it has to be taken off to put the ramrod on the gun. Problem is then I need a different witness mark.

The problem is the jag doesn't fit in the ramrod holders. I don't even know what you call them!

The problem is the jag doesn't fit in the ramrod holders. I don't even know what you call them!

gimRod makes the custom ram rod with the spin jag on it and accounts for the distance from the thimble, is actually one of the measurements that you will give them.

Do you take out the ramrod, screw on the jag then load? I told you it was a dumb question.
If you just want the actual spinjag, it depends on the rifle you have. If your thimble is up close to the muzzle, you are right... the spinjag might not work. I don't have an issue on that on mine. With most rifles, as long as you have 2 3/16" between thimble and the muzzle it will work and can stay on the ramrod. Some of the other jags that spin, they will slide through the thimble. My buddy has one of those on his rifle, its longer than a spinjag, not sure who made it... maybe it was cva or someone.

Do you take out the ramrod, screw on the jag then load? I told you it was a dumb question.
This Barnes bullet adapter & jag are carried in a zip bag.

8iZ62lJh.jpg

Latest posts

Back