more info on NMLA manufactures championship

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little red

Reaction score
where can i get more information on the championship shoot? it would be nice to know if the guns are modified in anyway. what bullet they were using, what powder, and how far. can i send my knight rifle somewhere and have it modified to shoot better?

http://www.nmlra.org/

There are a whole series of matches, the listing is available on the NMLRA site, both team and individual.

Full results are published in Muzzleblasts, the NMLRA magazine.

No competitive shooter I know feels it necessary to tell their competitors exactly what they are using to win. :roll:

Well said Randy...

I think most of this shooting is offhand and the rifles look pretty stock to me. If you want a better shooting gun, experiment with loads and bullet combos.

Just curious...

Is your most accurate load a hunting load or just a paper killer?

If this is mostly an offhand match I can tell you one thing for sure, It is the shooters winning the match, not the rifles and not the loads.

It's definately the shooters,,being matched up with good equipment. These guys shoot together year around. I watched them last year,,,and they were awesome.

Rifleman said:
I can tell you one thing for sure, It is the shooters winning the match, not the rifles and not the loads.

They sure have more to do with it than anything else-- :roll:

Back