NEF Handi Rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have one chambered in the 280 Remington cartridge. It's very accurate but the ammunition is expensive and hard to find these days.
I'm hoping to find a barrel chambered for the 308 as that cartridge does seem to be available.
My question is about switching barrels on the S2 frame. From what I've read, a different barrel has to be "fitted ". Not sure exactly what that means?
I guess you can't just drop another barrel onto the frame?

Heck deerman, just buy yourself a new 308 bolt gun. Ruger American, savage axis, etc. Hey, it’s almost Christmas, maybe Santa will leave one under the tree, if you drop a hint to the misses.

I have one chambered in the 280 Remington cartridge. It's very accurate but the ammunition is expensive and hard to find these days.
I'm hoping to find a barrel chambered for the 308 as that cartridge does seem to be available.
My question is about switching barrels on the S2 frame. From what I've read, a different barrel has to be "fitted ". Not sure exactly what that means?
I guess you can't just drop another barrel onto the frame?
Not a problem ,1st you need the barrel ,I swap mine all the time from 45/70 to 410 and a ( 20 ga for sale) they all fit my SB2 receiver however a 30-06 barrel did not . All thats required is a shim to tighten up action ,Grey beard is a great forum for this but it is easy . I used a copper trap tag ,you need to find the correct thickness shim (simple) and the 06 worked great /Ed

I would start reloading your own. I do for my 280. To say I love my 280 is an understatement. Everything I’ve ever shot was a DRT. Even the Kudu that I shot at 230 yds in South Africa dropped where it was standing. My Zebra also at about 230 yds ran about 40 yards before expiring. Can’t ask for better performance. I’m sure today there are better caliber’s, but for me my 280 fills all of my needs and then some.

Heck deerman, just buy yourself a new 308 bolt gun. Ruger American, savage axis, etc. Hey, it’s almost Christmas, maybe Santa will leave one under the tree, if you drop a hint to the misses.
Lol, I already have a request in for a cva inline rifle.

Back