New ML, load questions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would agree. I just didn’t have
Luck w jacketed bullets. My guess was no expansion, tiny holes, no energy release which led to lost deer. All lead seems to work well for me.

I would agree. I just didn’t have
Luck w jacketed bullets. My guess was no expansion, tiny holes, no energy release which led to lost deer. All lead seems to work well for me.
I've been using the xtp 240s for at least 15 years now and I haven't had any problems with em! I'd say that 80% of the deer I've harvested with em have been bang flops!

Ahhh, the top right bullet!! You are very observant. That is a 12 gauge slug that went through a nice size doe and buried into a white oak tree. At the shot the doe bolted on the death run and all my focus was on the scar on the oak tree. I wanted that souvenir so I went back a few days latter with a hatchet and retrieved my bullet. I've retrieved two from the ground on pass thru shots and the remainder were caught by the hide on the off side. Just a guess but 90+% pass thru and are never seen again.

I'm sold on copper. Love the Barnes.
A mixture of 12 and 20 gauge shotgun slugs and muzzy bullets recovered from deer. Bottom right was a Thor conical.
Barnes bullets work great for me in centerfire cartridges…those 80gr ttsx clock out at 3800 fps from a 2506…
Muzzleloader speeds have me hesitant to even try them on animals when I know all lead Dead Center bullets work.

Latest posts

Back