Newbie Question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neiko1967

Reaction score
What exactly does it mean when they say spitpatch? Literally Spit on it and if so what is the theory on it? Thanks for not laughing too hard.

Neiko1967 said:
What exactly does it mean when they say spitpatch? Literally Spit on it and if so what is the theory on it? Thanks for not laughing too hard.

Some people actually spit on the patch, some dont. I like to use pre-soaked T/C no# 13 patches. In my case it makes loading the bullet easier.
One pre-soaked patch down and back. Then a dry patch after to make sure the barrel is dry.

I usually lick one side of the patch and take it down the bore..

Works for me. :p

Neiko1967 said:
Back in the day( Daniel Boones day) this was the only means of making a second round load easier. There are modern alternatives now. pre-soaked patches. wonder lube etc.

I put the patch in my mouth and let it pick up enough moisture to get damp. Run it down and out, turn it over and do it again.

Latest posts

Back