Now I'm partial bionic

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks.

Both PT's are working their little butts off trying to get things loosened up. Problem is it was let go too long IMO. They have me doing exercises at home, and I do, do them. They're not easy and those two won't take any prisoners.
Last week I came home after PT and ended up taking some Bayer Back & Body, that slightly helped. That evening I had a hard time getting up and I almost couldn't move. The wife got my cane out so that I could get up just to go to the bathroom. I'm not sure which one of those two, but maybe both, are trying to kill me. LOL
I've had a couple incidences outside where I've tripped and went down twice. Both times I was trying to get over something and didn't get my foot high enough. Tuck & Roll.
Praying everything works out for you my friend!

Tomorrow I go in for chest xray, ecg, lab work and pre PT work (I think that's what they told me). I am actually looking forward to it now so I can get back my mobility.

Good luck to you guys !! My sister got her new knee 2 weeks ago. She is doing great, doctor did it manual, no robotic surgery.
Before they would accept her they found infection in her mouth that she had no idea she even had. After a route canal and proper waiting time they let her have the surgery. They said that if she would have had the surgery with the infection in her body it would have headed straight into her new knee, making for a very bad infection..FYI.. shorty

How long is long? It’s been 3 months and my knee still hurts going up and down stairs m, swells and is stiff. ☹️
Do the professionals at physical therapy answer your questions, as they should be the ones that are getting your new knee up and running? Good luck my friend, i know you are through the hardest part…

How long is long? It’s been 3 months and my knee still hurts going up and down stairs m, swells and is stiff. ☹️
My buddy says it took him almost 8 months or so. My other buddy just had a knee replacement just a month ago. He seems to be getting around pretty well. In fact, he was able to go fishing yesterday at his club. Everyone is different.

For me, going up is the easiest part. Its going down that's tough as nails. My PT tells me that a person needs at minimum 110° flex for going down stairs. I had the PT check my angle yesterday and with her pushing and holding it, she got 111°, barely enough to meet the minimum.
It's not the knee, its everything attached to it. All the tendons and muscles were stretched to the maximum when the knee was replaced. Then after surgery and while we're trying to heal, our body starts compensating and using other muscles normally never used to help support the knee. The muscles get tense and they are harder than heck to get them to loosen back up, because our body is still trying to compensate for the knee.
Mine are still so darn tense that its painful at times. The PT notices exactly where, when she pushes and I react. She showed me a photo of one of the muscles I'm having trouble within my butt/hip area. Just a small but long muscle that is used to turn the knee outward. Talk about painful!!! To help them to loosen it, I have to set on that muscle using a tennis ball. Rather its helping or not I have no clue yet. It's uncomfortable and I can only take it until my foot goes to sleep LOL

Back