Omega revamp

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Lots of new things in the works, here is one...
We did some redesigning on the TC Omega. We beefed up the action and barrel. This will allow these to shoot some serious smokeless loads out of the box with a 1.1875 barrel shank diameter. All the action components are 17-4 stainless, so no rusted parts. We are not quite finished, a few minor tweaks left but we are already making parts to check everything over before casting tooling is made. It's not like we have much to compete against but, this will be a top-quality rifle for a very good price.

Attachments

• Alpha-1.jpg
    Alpha-1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Alpha-2.jpg
    Alpha-2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Alpha-3.jpg
    Alpha-3.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 5
We did some redesigning on the TC Omega. We beefed up the action and barrel. This will allow these to shoot some serious smokeless loads out of the box with a 1.1875 barrel shank diameter. All the action components are 17-4 stainless, so no rusted parts. We are not quite finished, a few minor tweaks left but we are already making parts to check everything over before casting tooling is made. It's not like we have much to compete against but, this will be a top-quality rifle for a very good price.
Looks sharp Mark. I love the name you chose too.

Where do I sign up? 👍👍👍

I think he means will Woodmans trigger be improved over the Omega design. Which is ok and reliable but not a great trigger and has no real way to adjust anything… take up, over travel, weight.
OK, Gotchya.
I have several Omegas. The triggers are definitely different. I guess I have gotten use to them. A different trigger would be nice.

That drop action or falling block design doesn’t really allow for after market trigger options. But Mark is very good at what he does so maybe…
Although keeping it the same as the original design might allow Woodman to make and sell parts to those of us fixing, repairing or upgrading old original Omegas. Think SSK Mongrel. Either way im looking forward to it.

Back