Omega revamp

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of new things in the works, here is one...
We did some redesigning on the TC Omega. We beefed up the action and barrel. This will allow these to shoot some serious smokeless loads out of the box with a 1.1875 barrel shank diameter. All the action components are 17-4 stainless, so no rusted parts. We are not quite finished, a few minor tweaks left but we are already making parts to check everything over before casting tooling is made. It's not like we have much to compete against but, this will be a top-quality rifle for a very good price.
twist?

The Omega trigger does take some getting used to. First of all non adjustable. And the fact that the trigger springs back forward and can pinch your finger if you don’t watch it. I am used to it so doesn’t bother me any more but hoping it could be improved

This new design is very similar to the TC Omega, but it is not exact. The parts and barrels are not compatible between the two. I tried hard to get the original Omega castings made. I did locate the tooling for the wax molds but the casting shop doesn't own them. They are the property of S&W. They reached out to S&W and asked to use or buy the tooling and they didn't really get back to us. At that point I decided that I would beef things up some and make some improvements. We now have new parts designed and tooling for those will be made.

Mark, Thank you for being an exquisite muzzleloader building company, as there are less and less quality rifles being produced today..your insight into the smokeless world is appreciated as that is the general direction we are headed. The ALPHA will be a fantastic option to have in our muzzy stash. We are enthusiasts looking for a soft date from you for the future orders. Your groupies in muzzleloading thank you. Shorty

Mark, Thank you for being an exquisite muzzleloader building company, as there are less and less quality rifles being produced today..your insight into the smokeless world is appreciated as that is the general direction we are headed. The ALPHA will be a fantastic option to have in our muzzy stash. We are enthusiasts looking for a soft date from you for the future orders. Your groupies in muzzleloading thank you. Shorty
I just don't see smokeless as being the wave of the future. Many states are becoming more restrictive of muzzleloader equipment. Add in the states where smokeless is not allowed and the future does not look bright to my eyes. If I was in the market for a new rifle that could only be used in a general firearms season, a smokeless would not be in the mix.

Bill

I just don't see smokeless as being the wave of the future. Many states are becoming more restrictive of muzzleloader equipment. Add in the states where smokeless is not allowed and the future does not look bright to my eyes. If I was in the market for a new rifle that could only be used in a general firearms season, a smokeless would not be in the mix.

Bill
Thats true in some states and NOT in others…all muzzleloaders can be shot with holy black and other want to be powders. Only the few can be shot with smokeless loads also….

All smokeless capable rifles will shoot Black Horn and all of the subs that you want to put in them all day long as a matter of fact they tend to do it better! Many smokeless capable rifles or just smokeless rifles such as the Hankins and Arrowhead systems have so much superior barrels to your average muzzleloader, in turn that means if you want to shoot your black powder or your black powder sub you're going to have a much more accurate rifle hands down. And this post covid time of not being able to get different powders different primers Etc if you can show me a rifle that's more versatile than one of these omegas I'd like to see it. If the state you hunt in allows the bore that Woodman arms is making these barrels in there's no reason why you won't be able to hunt with it just put the legal powder and the legal bullet in it and head down the road I promise you you'll be doing it in a much more accurate manner I guess the only limitation might be if you're limited to a musket cap or a number 11 primer and when it's all said and done I wouldn't be surprised if Mark doesn't end up designing a plug that also takes a primer like that yes I'm a fanatic about these weapon systems all three of my Woodman arms Omega are shooting quarter inch and less if I get ready to stick Blackhorn or triple seven or another Sub in them I'm going to have a very very accurate Blackhorn - sub rifle not that I intend to do that.

Bill

Those of us that can use it AND don't have the ability to rifle hunt on public land (Eg: Connecticut) are very enthusiastic about smokeless. (at least I am)

My only other option on public land is a slug gun which is only legal during general firearms season and other than a Savage 210/220 there are basically no options for good guns. Even with that said I haven't been left impressed every time I've handled a 210 or 220

With a smokeless ML I am legal for BOTH shotgun and ML season with the same gun. As other have said you can always shoot black or black substitute out of the same platform. Seems like a pretty versatile option!

I understand I'm probably not the majority but heck yeah I want one!

Last edited:
Those of us that can use it AND don't have the ability to rifle hunt on public land (Eg: Connecticut) are very enthusiastic about smokeless. (at least I am)

My only other option on public land is a slug gun which is only legal during general firearms season and other than a Savage 210/220 there are basically no options for good guns. Even with that said I haven't been left impressed every time I've handled a 210 or 220

With a smokeless ML I am legal for BOTH shotgun and ML season with the same gun. As other have said you can always shoot black or black substitute out of the same platform. Seems like a pretty versatile option!

I understand I'm probably not the majority but heck yeah I want one!
Boy, if i had known about the savage bolt shotguns before i started putting stuff into and on my Mossies, i might still be shooting a 220.

Latest posts

Back