Omega revamp

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy, if i had known about the savage bolt shotguns before i started putting stuff into and on my Mossies, i might still be shooting a 220.

I went down the road of trying to soup up an 870 for slugs and was never able to get the warm and fuzzies from that setup.

I wish there was a simple well built option for slinging sabot slugs. I also wish it wasn’t stupid expensive to buy the ammo.

Last edited:
I went down the road of trying to soup up an 870 for slugs and was never able to get the warm and fuzzies from that setup.

I wish there was a simple well built option for slinging sabot slugs. I also wish it wasn’t stupid expensive to buy the ammo.
Look for an old h and ultra slug gun, extremely accurate.since states are going straight wall they are showing up on gun broker more.I have some real nice slug guns but I only use my muzzles anymore

Look for an old h and ultra slug gun, extremely accurate.since states are going straight wall they are showing up on gun broker more.I have some real nice slug guns but I only use my muzzles anymore

Those are interesting but people are way over charging for them.

I just don't see smokeless as being the wave of the future. Many states are becoming more restrictive of muzzleloader equipment. Add in the states where smokeless is not allowed and the future does not look bright to my eyes. If I was in the market for a new rifle that could only be used in a general firearms season, a smokeless would not be in the mix.

Bill
Maybe but it goes deeper than that. I hunt with a muzzleloader during rifle season. Generally, there are no limits on powder during that time. I also hunt shotgun only zones where I can use a muzzlelaoder. Since this is not during "muzzleloader" season, the black powder only rule typically doesn't apply. There are also heavy Blackhorn loads that benefit from a barrel capable of handling the higher pressure. I see many benfits of a rifle that can handle say 50kpsi regardless of the powder used.

Those are interesting but people are way over charging for them.
That’s true, I paid 200 for one when they came out.real accurate guns,but slugs are crazy expensive.I actually reload sabot slugs now but I always hunt with my muzzle loaders . I can’t seem to sell anything and I probably should, make some profit for sure

Lots of new things in the works, here is one...
We did some redesigning on the TC Omega. We beefed up the action and barrel. This will allow these to shoot some serious smokeless loads out of the box with a 1.1875 barrel shank diameter. All the action components are 17-4 stainless, so no rusted parts. We are not quite finished, a few minor tweaks left but we are already making parts to check everything over before casting tooling is made. It's not like we have much to compete against but, this will be a top-quality rifle for a very good price.
Very cool. Which parts will be casted?

Boy, if i had known about the savage bolt shotguns before i started putting stuff into and on my Mossies, i might still be shooting a 220.
Savage gets such a bad rap. Sure miss my 22-250 BVSS112 from years ago. Of course, that was back in my power lifting days. These days, if I can't get the job done in 3 shakes, I call it quits and go back to bed..

I see versatility as the wave of the future and this time of shortages and this gun defines it
I totally agree with you.

In areas where you must use BP/BP sub, just use those instead of smokeless.

I thought I had found my BP powder of choice for the rest of my hunting days when I started using BH209.

Now that I cannot stomach paying the massive BH209 price increase, I want a quality ML that can handle smokeless out of the box with a simple 209 priming system.

I was staring to consider tracking down an Omega to do the conversion barrel upgrade, but now I could just buy an Alpha.

And the fact that Woodsman will reduce LOP on a factory order for a very reasonable fee is one more point in its favor. I’m done with companies that produce rifles with Gorilla-sided 14” LOP as the only option.

Hopefully this ML is on the market by Summer 2024. This is my last season using BH209, and probably my last season using a CVA Accura.

You know that Omega conversion will be an excellent Bridge to get you to Alpha country.
I have plenty of projects to finish up before starting anymore. It would be nice for once to buy something that doesn't require a bunch of work to suit my needs. Mount a scope and go to the range to work up loads.

I guess you're referring to the Woodman Alpha he has barrels for Omega upgrades, I don't know about any on stock necessarily today or day after Christmas, Mark comments on here often I'm sure he'll notice your question and answer unless the holiday holds that up,,, if I were you I would email or call him tomorrow. I am Alpha anxious too!!!

Latest posts

Back