Opening Day

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mo. archery has been open since Sept. 15th. I see between 5 n dz. almost everyday out by my Climber. I hunt with my crossbows n ML's. Its been too hot high 80' n low 90's. I am not going to kill myself trying to keep deer meat from spoiling n keeping the gazillion flies n yellow jackets off of it. I am waiting til some lower 50's in the mornings before i go that route.

Thats one beautiful Buck in you're header picture !
Thank you. He came off my place in Oklahoma. I hunted him all of 2013 and never saw him from the stand, and I had 5 close encounters with him in 2014 before finally getting a shot. One of mine and my Dads strong bonds was our love for hunting, and he encouraged me to keep pursuing that buck in 2013. My Dad’s cancer came back in the spring of 2014, and he died on September 13, 2014. I have dedicated that buck to my Dad and use that picture as an avatar on every hunting message board I’m on in memory of him.

Thank you. He came off my place in Oklahoma. I hunted him all of 2013 and never saw him from the stand, and I had 5 close encounters with him in 2014 before finally getting a shot. One of mine and my Dads strong bonds was our love for hunting, and he encouraged me to keep pursuing that buck in 2013. My Dad’s cancer came back in the spring of 2014, and he died on September 13, 2014. I have dedicated that buck to my Dad and use that picture as an avatar on every hunting message board I’m on in memory of him.
Sorry to here that, my condolences ! I'm Sure he's looking down on you with a big smile saying that's my boy !!

That's a great honor to your dad! I lost my dad back in February and this season isn't going to be the same without him! We hunted together for over 40yrs!

Bow season started here in Ohio on Saturday. I'll be waiting for it to cool off some before heading out. It's been in the 80s here but it's supposed to be cooling off this weekend coming up. Good luck to you all!

Back