Opening Day

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bow season started here in Ohio on Saturday. I'll be waiting for it to cool off some before heading out. It's been in the 80s here but it's supposed to be cooling off this weekend coming up. Good luck to you all!
Its 87 right now here at home. What we seriously need is some seasonal Minnesota weather. We haven't seen frost yet. We should be marking about 6 or 7 frosts by now.

My sweet potato and squash vines are still growing strong. My carrots are still green topped and getting taller. I still have tomato plants with ripening fruit. I'm still picking strawberries for petes sake. Rain-wise were still hurting for more but are at least out of the extreme drought that we'd been in. My deer season starts on November 4th, and I hope we cool off enough to not have flies buzzing me. Damn, this year's weather is screwed up.

Its 87 right now here at home. What we seriously need is some seasonal Minnesota weather. We haven't seen frost yet. We should be marking about 6 or 7 frosts by now.

My sweet potato and squash vines are still growing strong. My carrots are still green topped and getting taller. I still have tomato plants with ripening fruit. I'm still picking strawberries for petes sake. Rain-wise were still hurting for more but are at least out of the extreme drought that we'd been in. My deer season starts on November 4th, and I hope we cool off enough to not have flies buzzing me. Damn, this year's weather is screwed up.
Sure hope the weather turns around for you so you can have a good hunt ! good luck & bag a good one !

I'm sure you're Dad is very proud of you ! And believe me he knows ! I know how it is to loose your best hunting partner , I lost mine in 1976 ,that was my Dad & another one in 2013 that was my oldest son ! Miss them dearly !
Losing your dad and son would be rough! Sorry to hear that! I lost my dad back in February and we hunted/fished together all of my life! This hunting season is going to be a tough one, without him!

Losing your dad and son would be rough! Sorry to hear that! I lost my dad back in February and we hunted/fished together all of my life! This hunting season is going to be a tough one, without him!
Yes, I know the feeling , It's rough . But remember he is always with you and watching over you . And have a good hunt this year !

It rained and cooled off a little here in NW Oklahoma, so I finally got in a stand this evening. My son has had a run of bad luck this week, so I texted him to see if he wanted me to shoot him a doe. He did, so I did.
uX3679r.jpg

It rained and cooled off a little here in NW Oklahoma, so I finally got in a stand this evening. My son has had a run of bad luck this week, so I texted him to see if he wanted me to shoot him a doe. He did, so I did.
uX3679r.jpg
Appears that you n your crossbow put the whammy on that slick head. Fine tick toter congrats.

Latest posts

Back