Pat'ridge

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redclub

Reaction score
The ruffed grouse are are on the up cycle in Northern Wi. (accorrding to DNR). This is one of my favorite birds to hunt :D :D . Might just need to find a 28 ga. side by side. Spanish of course, either an AYA or Ugartechea
Redclub

Red, I've been shooting a Mossberg International 28ga over/under and its a great handling gun and would be a great gun for your needs at a very reasonable price.

My dad just got a Browning O/U 28 ga... it is an EXCELLENT shotgun! Wish I had the funds for one!

I liked Jimmy's 28 alot as well!

I know those O/U are very nice handling guns and shoot great but it has to be a SxS with straight stock and double triggers, It is hard to explain why?
Ken

I have a Parker repro in 28 gauge with the English stock and splinter forearm, it is a quick little gun. Not Spanish but a fun gun. They come up for sale at various sites.

Now that sounds like a great gun, Would be very nice for an old gentleman
Ken

One of my favorite ways to hunt ruffed grouse in northern New England is with a handgun. I have shot a number of them with a TC Contender .410 barrel. In addition, a scoped 22 LR works well.

Most people cruise the back roads of Maine to find them out on the roads pecking at gravel. It seems that the better hunting is off the beaten path.

Back