Pheasant

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jims

Reaction score
I was at my farm on Sunday and saw a rooster pheasant. A good sight. I thought with the cold and heavy snow cover they may have had a rough time of it. At least one made it. In this part of Ohio we don't see many anymore. I have released some over the years, it could be one of those or a true wild bird. More quickly the former but even then it has been there then for more than four months with no supplemental feeding from me.

Grouse: I also like seeing quail and partridge and grouse just in case he has any of those stored away also. A bald eagle would be nice too.
Actually not too far from there is a colony (if that is the correct word) of beaver. I tried to talk a game warden into putting some river otter in the river at my place but he said the neighbors with farm ponds would soon complain as they would fish out the ponds in short order.

My uncle released 5 hen and 2 rooster pheasants at my farm on Sunday. The roosters really have glorious coloration this time of the year. There is plenty of food and cover, I just hope they are lucky enough not to become predator food immediately. They need to get smart fast or they will not be dumb long.

LOL.... a Bald Eagle is a tall order! :lol: 8)

I do however have a good supply of ventilated groundhogs.. Popped a few this weekend. :lol: :shock: 8) :lol: :lol:

Doohan: Is ventilated groundhog similar to what we call ground chuck, that is after it is "tenderized" ?

Latest posts

Back