Planning ahead

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacoTony

Reaction score
So, I literally placed an order for some Fury Custom bullets. This will be for next year. Odd I know. Here is my situation. I had an Optima that had had a bad barrel that I just couldn’t get clean. I sent a message to CVA asking for a replacement barrel. I received a reply telling me that they no longer offered them, but were willing to give me 35% on their trade in program. I’ll take that. New Acura coming soon.

In the mean time, I bought a vey nice wolf from a buddy of mine who had to do the same thing with his optima.

So, not wanting to work up a load, I dug out some of my pellets that I have for back up and have something to hunt with and get me through the season. I’m a happy camper having two muzzleloader rifles.

I bought those Fury bullets on a whim. I’m wanting to get away from all the plastic sabots. I am wanting more of a better barrel contact with the bullet.
They weren’t very expensive for what they are. I’ve seen positive reviews on them. Any thoughts on them or any other bullets that I should look into as far as possible testing.

This is my first post on here. I have to say this is a very nice forum. Thanks for allowing me to join.

Anthony

So, I literally placed an order for some Fury Custom bullets. This will be for next year. Odd I know. Here is my situation. I had an Optima that had had a bad barrel that I just couldn’t get clean. I sent a message to CVA asking for a replacement barrel. I received a reply telling me that they no longer offered them, but were willing to give me 35% on their trade in program. I’ll take that. New Acura coming soon.

In the mean time, I bought a vey nice wolf from a buddy of mine who had to do the same thing with his optima.

So, not wanting to work up a load, I dug out some of my pellets that I have for back up and have something to hunt with and get me through the season. I’m a happy camper having two muzzleloader rifles.

I bought those Fury bullets on a whim. I’m wanting to get away from all the plastic sabots. I am wanting more of a better barrel contact with the bullet.
They weren’t very expensive for what they are. I’ve seen positive reviews on them. Any thoughts on them or any other bullets that I should look into as far as possible testing.

This is my first post on here. I have to say this is a very nice forum. Thanks for allowing me to join.

Anthony
They arrived earlier in the week. Just now getting around to posting. I only ordered a lot of 20. If the guns like them, I will order more. I’ve also been thinking about going to a more pure black powder (the real stuff). Would that be a bad move or I just stick with what I have? I have some 209 and Pyrodex RS loose powders. I like the idea of pure powder, just not sure of the loads. As mentioned above… I’m in the planning stages for this. So, I have an open slate. I’m even game for some flints and percussions. Any thoughts would be well appreciated.

Anthony

Attachments

• F4496098-0F67-43FB-8395-92BC7AFFA70C.jpeg
    F4496098-0F67-43FB-8395-92BC7AFFA70C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • F62951D8-538A-4E41-B27E-FDEEF9E6B17B.jpeg
    F62951D8-538A-4E41-B27E-FDEEF9E6B17B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back