Savage 10ml vs. Jack-o-Lantern * 200yd death match

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Reaction score
Originally posted by Doohan
Ok..

I broke the Savage out of the gun safe this weekend. The results are impressive to say the least!

I was headed to the range early Sunday morning... While loading the truck, I noticed 4 pumpkins sitting on the back porch by the door... I smiled with an evil grin and loaded them in the truck next to the 10ml.

Once at the range I unloaded the orange targets on the 200 yard mound and drove back to the bench. My goal for the morning was to dial in 2 new products for the 10ml.. N110 and 250gr SST's... The morning started out cooooold! low 30's you can see the frost in the picture here.. I am looking out to the 200 yd mound on the left...

doohan1.jpg

I took the first shot aiming point blank at this pumpkin.. minor drop... It was going to be a fun morning... check out the bullet impact @ 200 yds just below this pumkin..

doohan2.jpg

I shot back and forth awhile between 200 yds and 100 yds and made a bullet change.. I felt the 250 Shockwaves loaded very easily and were grouping better then the SST's ?? Anyone know why? sabots looked the same... are the bullets .451 vs .452? Anyhow.. Here was my first sight in at 200 with the shockwaves.. they were shooting right but very concentrated groups.. check out the right side of this pumpkin..

doohan3.jpg

After I moved the poi far enough left .. I figured It was time to shoot some 3 shot groups..

before..

doohan4.jpg

After.. notice the 3 shot HOLE a little right of center..

doohan5.jpg

Another 3 shot grouping..

doohan6.jpg

Overall I am very impressed with the capability of the 10ml at 200 yd ranges! I am using a sightron 3x12MilDot scope.. Crosshairs are dead on at 100 yds and first dot down at 200 yds on 12x.. Very handy piece there... eliminates any guesswork or need for 200 yd zero or hold over.

Here was my last shot of the day.. Small pumkin 200 yds.. Was a little right of aim point .. but I'm not touching a thing..

doohan7.jpg

This dog is ready to HUNT!!!

doohan8.jpg

doohan9.jpg

Wish me luck!! Opening day of Shotgun season is the Monday after turkey day!

JJ

ps.. my load I used was a 3.7 dipper of N110 (44.4gr) and 250 Shockwave ... Over 2300 fps at the snout! Recovered sabots looked very stressed.. I dont think they could have taken more powder.
[/quote]

Latest posts

Back