Show some targets shot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Thanks for the additional sub-forum.

Although I'm not a 1,000yd shooter, yet, or have I attemped to shoot that distance, I have been shooting extended ranges.

Rifle: Ultimate Firearms BP Xpress
Load: 3 - Triple Seven MAGNUM pellets
Bullet: 300gr Whitetail Medicine BC .240
Velocity: 2,300fps

My very FIRST EVER attempt at shooing to 400yds:

After removing the XMark Pro trigger from the rifle, which I despised, and replaced it with a Timney, here's another attempt at 400yds.

I was attempting to shoot a trial bullet one day at 300yds, doing my best to get them to group to my satisfaction. No matter what I tried, the bullet wouldn't group. I had made adjustments to my scope when shooting the trial bullets, which of course wouldn't help anyway. I decided the trial bullets were not going to work as I wanted, so I shot 4 additional rounds of the Whitetail Medicine bullets. Its quite evident the WM bullets shoot the best with this load and rifle.

I have couple but not smart enough to get them posted. I'll woek on it. One is 300 meter NMLRA record, shot few years ago. this was with Ped. Gibbs.

Encore50a, no doubt you gun likes those WM.
I don't have any actual target like yours past 200. I will try to get some at 300 & 600 this year, my local range has nothing in between.
Friendship metal targets are silhouettes and mini-creedmoor 200-500 and get painted over each relay. There is a 300 yard paper match part of the LR agg, but that's all with open sights. I'll try to get a photo of one.

At Oak Ridge, TN we shoot traditional LRML each year like the one's I've posted on this LR site.
Here are a few photos of the range. All targets are standard HP targets, except the 10 anniversary match I held where we shot the Creedmoor target and scoring - NO rifle support at all - not even a sling..
Standard match is 10 shots for score at each distance. I'll post the record scores tomorrow, when I locate them. I think it's 100 +x's at 200 & 300, 96'ish at 600, 91+x's at 1000. If I can post the scores of last years match I will.

Attachments

• AL 300.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 546
  • 600 yd targets 3 08.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 546
  • Range 1000.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 546
Creedmoor match held in 2008. Guys who helped me clean up, I asked for a photo to get a perspective of the target. We cut a 3' square black center (600 repair center) 6'x6' white and additional 2' wings. Scored 3 black, 2 white, 1 wing.

Attachments

• 9 08 1000 creedmoor target.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 546
  • Don M 03 11.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 546
  • 03 09 Group.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 546
Brings back memories. I grew up in Oak Ridge and as a teenager we would work the matches and pull targets at the far end of the range. Spent many a Saturday and Sunday pulling targets for the matches.

Here is a 300 meter target from 2008. 13 shots in 45 minutes, no sighters, score the best 10.
Shooting postion prone w/sling or wrist rest or x-sticks.
We never knew why the organization chose a 30-36" diameter bull or target, but many think it's too big for our apertures. 3"-10 ring and 1/2MOA rings I believe.

Attachments

• 300M NMLRA target 08.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 510
No, on a wall thanks to you, that was the first time shooting that target for score......I've never been able to do it again....lol

Latest posts

Back