Sighted in the Traditions Buckstalker Yesterday

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Received this rifle as a Christmas gift years ago. After sighting it in with a nice BDC scope the rifle was very accurate. Then someone had a grave emergency and needed a scope: Can't remember who it was. Recently a friend decided to hunt in OK muzzleloader season and lacks a rifle. Installed a refurbished 4X scope and laser bore sighted the rifle . The load consisted of 100 grains of Triple Seven, 209 primer, a crush rib sabot and the 250 grain SST bullet. The first round at 50 yards was very close to the 2" bullseye. First adjustment put the next rounds in the bullseye: i moved the target to 78 yards.

This rifle is more accurate than my Encore. The first group at 78 yards had all three holes touching. The second group measured just over 5/8" inch.

1. After firing the breech plug is easily removed.

2. The trigger breaks like glass at 3-4 four pounds.

3. There was a curd ring but not that bad. i swabbed the bore with a wet patch between three shot groups followed by two dry patches. That breech plug has a flat face: That may have something to do with the crud ring being manageable.

My friend will hunt with my .54 caliber TC Fire Hawk, i'm using this rifle.

Back